Our idiot fans again

Status
Not open for further replies.
People stay off the pitch - players do a lap of honour - everybody benefits.

People go on the pitch - players go the dressing room and stay there - people in the stands wander off home - the only people who enjoy themselves are the numbskulls who can't control themselves.

Its a bit weird how people associate pitch invasions with violence without discrimination.

Over here in the states (granted they are hedonistic, uncivilized animals) it's quite common to see a big victory celebrated by people flooding the "field." You never really hear much about panic, or violence or anything else, in fact, at times it's almost lauded as a show of fan fervor.

I dont see a great deal wrong with letting the home fans on the pitch to celebrate what would be a big day for us. In fact, I suspect trying to prevent it could lead to more violence than simply understanding it.

Apart from the fact it is illegal to do so, perhaps?

Well, yes I suppose so.

I've always been slightly suspicious of the correlation between legality and morality though.

There are more than a couple of laws that I think you can agree are a bit silly?

Statistics would suggest that you are far more likely to be killed of injured travelling to a football match than watching it, so I would advise staying at home, don't risk it.

People stay off the pitch - players do a lap of honour - everybody benefits.

Except the 16,000 who want to go on the pitch?! :icon_wink

Against Oxford didn't the players come out into the directors box or something like that. I remember that happening one game, but don't know if it was that one.

Statistics would suggest that you are far more likely to be killed of injured travelling to a football match than watching it, so I would advise staying at home, don't risk it.

:icon_bigg I laugh though it wasn't to clever for Bernard Murphy and the two City fans that died that day. :(

Last edited:
A pitch invasion should be mandatory when promoted, I don't quite see why you're all wasting your time deicussing whether it's a good thing or not because there is no way on gods green earth that Leicester fans will attemp a pitch invasion, im affraid as a whole they are far to boring for that.

Shame that we can't follow in other fans footsteps and really enjoy the achievment, we will simply wave a few banners and have a nice little clap along to 'Rocking all over the world'

It will be announced over the tannoy to remain in your seats,and when your all sitting cosily,the players will do a lap of honour.

thanx for your support and see you next season!

Nobody will be there at the ned anyway - most of the miserable old feckers will have left five minutes before the end so they don't waste an extra quarter of an hour of their precious lives stuck in traffic

I'd just like to say, that if a pitch invasion takes place, I will try my upmost to hit as many children as possible on my way to the pitch.
I will run, as fast as I can with my arms flailing like a mad man.
Also, if I see one, I will spill the contents of an old leicester fan's thermos flask, on the way down.
so there

He said Scunthorpe away, holds 9k~, 2k away fans, 60% = around 1000

On the contrary, he said 60% of the crowd at the Scunny game will join in - future tense. That game is at the Walkers; my estimated figure is therefore correct.

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned pitch invasion if you have something to celebrate... I can't really see it happening as most people see it as a forgone conclusion we'll get promoted anyway. It will be a polite round of applause a monkey dance to some prearranged music and they all shuffle off quietly.

My thoughts entirely.

I'd just like to say, that if a pitch invasion takes place, I will try my upmost to hit as many children as possible on my way to the pitch.
I will run, as fast as I can with my arms flailing like a mad man.
Also, if I see one, I will spill the contents of an old leicester fan's thermos flask, on the way down.
so there

:081:

True story - I ran on the pitch at Filbert Street when I was about 11 and got punched in the face, knocking out one of my teeth. :icon_eek:

OK, there's a bit of context to be added... :icon_wink me and my brother had noticed the TV cameras were in town (when that was a big deal) and decided the best way to get on TV would be to enact some football violence. So about ten minutes before kick off we both ran onto the pitch (about six feet :icon_lol:) and "pretended" to have a fight... except my brother lamped me one for real, which wasn't in MY script!

We were chased off by that steward in front of the old Main Stand/Carling Stand with the curious ginger beard/grey hair combo. Is he still around? I think he even made the transition to the Walker's. He must be getting on a bit now.

No. He's saying 60% - or about 13,000 people.

I'll admit an exaggeration. My point is condemning a pitch invasion on the grounds of safety is equally as an exaggeration. Pitch invasions have happened years and years without hardly any incident and that includes post-Taylor Report stadiums where you could argue a 'surge' would be more dangerous.

It's been a part of football heritage and if again we have another event where it's not rewarded by such an occurance, it will once again prove how Football and inparticular our club is sectioning it's fans into becoming boring robots who are expected to clap when you score, sit down at all times and praise your club to the high heavens at every opportunity.

Go on about the parade around the pitch. I remember Stoke players last season greatfully accepting the celebrations of fans. :icon_roll

Our fans are not idiots, people have said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263