Our named 25 squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

So no Konchesky for this season. So who makes up the 25? How many spaces are left?

This is last year's seniors plus our 2 new guys. I make it 4 spaces.

Schmeichel, Schwarzer, Morgan, Wasilewski, Huth, De Laet, Moore, Simpson, Fuchs, Drinkwater, James, Albrighton, King, Hammond, Schlupp, Mahrez, Okazaki, Kramarić, Vardy, Nugent, Ulloa

I think you can add Chilwell into the four, leaving three.

If that's how it works coming through the ranks that is...?

I think you can add Chilwell into the four, leaving three.

If that's how it works coming through the ranks that is...?

The 25 man squad is players who were 21 by 1st January this year. So Chilwell won't be in it, but Liam Moore should be added. A couple of others from last season's under 21s are now too old, so will have to be in the 25 man squad for a chance to play.

The 25 man squad is players who were 21 by 1st January this year. So Chilwell won't be in it, but Liam Moore should be added. A couple of others from last season's under 21s are now too old, so will have to be in the 25 man squad for a chance to play.

Thanks for the explanation Jeff.

Do the squad names have to be finalised before or after the transfer window closes?

It does not look as though we will have 25 to register over 21, but if tight on the basis that you can amend the list in January you would question whether James needs to be on the list, as available December is the most optimistic forecast.

I heard somewhere that we could do with a couple of those chaps who play between the defenders and the strikers.

Mitt-feeled-er's, I think someone called them. Maybe we need to use the space to do that.

Nah! Don't need 'em. Just hoof it from the back to the front. Only pussy teams play along the floor.

We need Andy Carroll.................NOW

The 25 man squad is players who were 21 by 1st January this year. So Chilwell won't be in it,

1. Kasper Schmeichel
2. Ritchie De Laet
4. Danny Drinkwater
5. Wes Morgan
6. Robert Huth
7. Dean Hammond
8. Matty James
9. Jamie Vardy
10. Andy King
11. Marc Albrighton
12. Ben Hamer
15. Jeffrey Schlupp
16. Tom Lawrence
17. Danny Simpson
18. Liam Moore
19. Andrej Kramarić
20. Shinji Okazaki
23. Leo Ulloa
26. Riyad Mahrez
27. Marcin Wasilewski
28. Christian Fuchs
30. Ben Chilwell
32. Mark Schwarzer
35. David Nugent

Doh!

With a couple of days of the window left, I thought I'd have a look at how we stand.

This was the last 25 man squad we named (end of January). The Yes/No relates to whether the player is classified as home grown. You are allowed 17 'No's (we had 7) and the ones in bold aren't here any more:

1 Albrighton, Marc Kevin Yes
2 Cambiasso, Esteban No
3 De Laet, Ritchie Ria Alfons Yes
4 Drinkwater, Daniel Noel Yes
5 Hamer, Benjamin John Yes
6 Hammond, Dean John Yes
7 Huth, Robert Yes
8 James, Matthew Lee Yes
9 King, Andrew Yes
10 Knockaert, Anthony No
11 Konchesky, Paul Martyn Yes

12 Kramaric, Andrej No
13 Mahrez, Riyad No
14 Morgan, Westley Nathan Yes
15 Nugent, David James Yes
16 Schlupp, Jeffrey Yes
17 Schmeichel, Kasper Peter Yes
18 Schwarzer, Mark No
19 Simpson, Daniel Peter Yes
20 Smith, Adam Clifford Yes
21 Ulloa Fernandez, Jose Leonardo No
22 Upson, Matthew James Yes
23 Vardy, Jamie Yes
24 Wasilewski, Marcin No
25 Wood, Chris Yes

From the development squad that are still here, I think we have four over-age players: Sesay, Watson, Blyth and Davis. Two of these (in bold) are out on loan. I'd suggest that the other two need to go out on loan or they'll count as over-age players for the development squad which seems wasteful when we'll have senior players that will need games for them.

In addition, Liam Moore is now classed as over 21 so needs to be added to our main squad. Tom Lawrence still counts as an U21 player.

Then we need to add in the signings, in addition to Huth who is already included above, we've added: Kante, Inler, Benalouane, Okazaki and Fuchs. Unless we sign another keeper, I'd expect us to also name Hamer in the main squad as we have him on a recall loan in case of injury to Schmeichel or Schwarzer.

So, here we are:

1 Albrighton, Marc Yes
2 Benalouane, Yohan, No
3 De Laet, Ritchie Yes
4 Drinkwater, Danny Yes
5 Fuchs, Christian No
6 Hamer, Ben Yes
7 Hammond, Dean Yes
8 Huth, Robert Yes
9 Inler, Gokhan No
10 James, Matthew Yes
11 Kante, N'Golo No
12 King, Andrew Yes
13 Kramaric, Andrej No
14 Mahrez, Riyad No
15 Moore, Liam Yes
16 Morgan, Wes Yes
17 Okazaki, Shinji No
18 Schlupp, Jeff Yes
19 Schmeichel, Kasper Yes
20 Schwarzer, Mark No
21 Simpson, Danny Yes
22 Ulloa, Leonardo No
23 Vardy, Jamie Yes
24 Wasilewski, Marcin No

Points of note are that we've gone from 7 foreign developed players to 10. This is still 7 fewer than we're allowed. If we sign nobody else, we could afford to give a place to one of our over-age development squad players or make a new signing. Beyond that, we need to either move players out to add or simply have players at the club without a place in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363