Our striker problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:018::018::018: have you been smoking craic or something? Or have you just never seen MDV play?
At least the Horse has proven himself at this level before. MDV has proved that he cannot compete at this level. FACT

says a lot for our current 1st team strikers then since MDV has a better goals ratio then all of them.

I was a season ticket holder between the years them when they played. Filbert Street's last two years and then Walkers till Levein's second season.

I did once hear a rumour that Sturridge would only train with black players in protest at somthing.

well you know what I mean then

boy genius I think you hit the nail on the head, another black player who got unfair stick was jordan stewart.

Hammond I now rate over fryatt certianly better results when he is in the team.

see you are as bad as what I am trying to get over, Elvis has scored more than that useless lump Fryatt this season

I havent said Fryatt's a good player in my opinion (I think he's a good player whose very bogged down atm with a useless coach and a lack of reasonable service), I said the reason I think people are still supporting Fryatt. I have constant arguments with my brother and cousin about lazy he's becoming. I have supported the case of Hume and Hammond over Hume and Fryatt.

Hammond cant score was just a short statement, to continue, he's very erratic, sometimes appears to have no control over the ball, sometimes look a menace. He's had more bad games than good games and the general set of City fans, use this against him.

Last edited:
You will still find its down to race though. I have noticed this for years now, and bad as it seems I cannot see any other reason why fans get on certain players backs when other player, same position etc can be just as bad but can do no wrong.

Heskey used to get stick but Ian Marshall was always cheered and he was a dreadful player at the side of Heskey

You will still find its down to race though. I have noticed this for years now, and bad as it seems I cannot see any other reason why fans get on certain players backs when other player, same position etc can be just as bad but can do no wrong.

Heskey used to get stick but Ian Marshall was always cheered and he was a dreadful player at the side of Heskey

Benjamin doesnt work with this theory though, the 'faithful' loved him despite his obvious lack of talent.

i don't think being black automatically gets the fans on your back, but they certainly atract critism much easy, and find it almost impossible to reverse a negative opinion (IMO)

We city fans are just racist bastards............

i think the race argument is utter ****ing shit to be honest. i dont know how anyone can call city fans racist which is pretty much what you have done.

the race card is a bloody joke, are you saying city fans have not given a similar number of white players the same treatment, why is that not picked out, oh god city fans give white players stick, it must be racist etc, Bollox you have grouped a shit couple of players who happen to be of a different race and said the only reason we gave them stick was because of this.

utter toss

Last edited:
i think the race argument is utter ****ing shit to be honest. i dont know how anyone can call city fans racist which is pretty much what you have done.

the race card is a bloody joke, are you saying city fans have not given a similar number of white players the same treatment, why is that not picked out, oh god city fans give white players stick, it must be racist etc, Bollox you have grouped a shit couple of players who happen to be of a different race and said the only reason we gave them stick was because of this.

utter toss

most of them have been english (at least in part)

look at Williams, hardly contributed anything in his time here, yet he is still regarded by many as 'our best player' because he 'could' be good if he wanted? whats that all about, how often is that lazy, useless nob booed?

now consider sylla......

utter toss

read the thread properly. White players get stick too but is easily forgotten. Look at Williams, a shite player and one or two good games and he is back up there being clapped. Fryatt is utter crap as compared with last season and can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the crowd, Hume can belt one out to the corner flag and the crowd say HUUUUUUUUUUME.
Elvis on the other hand can do no good, even when he does something good he never gets the credit for it. Sylla is another example.
This has been going on years and I can go back a long way with examples, it just seems very odd to me that its mainly the black players that get it. Have you ever wondered why they are "shit" players as you put it, maybe its because they have never been taken in by the fans and that maybe affects their performance

Have you ever wondered why they are "shit" players as you put it, maybe its because they have never been taken in by the fans and that maybe affects their performance

they are shit because they cant play football, they are fecking usless good for nothing wankers who drain this club dry and produce an end product that is so far away from what i class as football it is unbelievable.

moving onto the players that have been grouped because of their colour, yes hammond, sylla, COG, MDV are also fecking usless wankers with not an ounce of footballing ability, i trust you understand the above rant was about our other good for nothing wasters, yes the many shite white players also on our books, EQUALLY as shit and Equally acknowledged as shit.

there is no diifference, however the one match up you suggest is not a good one, when hammond is not as good a player as hume, hume has promise and can play football. this opinion is not down to the colour of their skin but down to their footballing ability, the wild conclussions people come up with because of this is upto them, i simply find it ridiculous.

thats mu opinion

Bent, Joachim, and Ferdinand could all play a bit & i don't recall them getting any stick!

says a lot for our current 1st team strikers then since MDV has a better goals ratio then all of them.

Sorry to pick your comment out nothing personal but in response to everyone, where has the comparison been with the rest of our current strikers?
I have stated that I do not think that MDV is good enough for the Championship, never mentioned that is he any better/worse than the rest. IMO he is one of the most fustrating players to watch, he may have scored a few goals for us but bringing him back would be a major step backwards. We need fresh faces that are willing to play, at present it seems that Hume and Hammond are our only strikers that are willing to try and thats when they can be bothered and I don't think that strikeforce is good enough to get us in a high position in the table.
Something has gone a complete miss with Fryatt, at the end of last season he looked as if he would be setting the league on fire this season but something must have gone horribly wrong over the summer.

Tricky trev could still do a job, he gave alot more than some of the current crop of (strikers?)

it is worrying.

the white players that get stick, tiatto, williams etc do at least get given credit when they play well.

but the black (?) players, once they have got on the wrong side of fans find it impossible to get back on however good they play

So true and remember many fans were themselves no fan of Heskey as I often remeber cries of "get him sold" and alike. :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263