Our Team Next Season

ThaiSweetChilli

Premature but then again I was born prematurely and well, other things can be premature as well depending on if I'm drunk or not.

What's the side looking like? All will be clear soon enough regarding status. This thread will evolve as we go on. But what are we looking like at bare bones with assumptions of players leaving?

With the players I think will leave this summer, this is what I think we'll be left with from the current side by the start of the Championship season.

Iversen
Justin, Faes, Souttar, Thomas
Albrighton, KDH, BLANK, BLANK
BLANK, BLANK

Possible we keep 1 or 2 from Ndidi, Hamza, Soumare, Daka, Vardy because I'm not sure we'll find takers that would pay us/them sufficiently but I doubt it, someone will take a risk on them and we'll take what we can get.

I'd actually keep Mendy and Amartey for the Championship so it's two less recruits needed, but since both are out of contract I can't see them staying.

We'll be lumbered with quite a few of them I reckon. Ward, Daka, Soumare, Faes, Vestergaard will be very difficult to shift. Even shifting those at the end of their contracts may be a challenge for us (see Mendy). Ricardo and Justin are contracted for a few more years but probably won't play more than 5 games combined.

We'll be lumbered with quite a few of them I reckon. Ward, Daka, Soumare, Faes, Vestergaard will be very difficult to shift. Even shifting those at the end of their contracts may be a challenge for us (see Mendy). Ricardo and Justin are contracted for a few more years but probably won't play more than 5 games combined.
Why would we struggle to shift players who are out of contract? They just leave - we don't have to find them a club.

Why would we struggle to shift players who are out of contract? They just leave - we don't have to find them a club.

we were trying to shift Mendy until his final few months....then extended his contract so he's still here now. I wouldn't be surprised if our incompetents are discussing new terms with Bertrand.

I genuinely would keep Mendy. When we have seen him play he's been far more effective than Soumare and I assume he must be on less dollar bills, y'all

He's a lot lot better than Soumare. he's not had much of a sniff while instead we've persisted with a player who can't be arsed and another who just can't anything. He'd be mad to stay here any longer. Good luck to the lad.

Because his weekly wage is higher than the entire Coventry squad?
Don't worry, he loves the club and is loyal - he'll take a pay cut.... pffff, right....

I reckon there'll be offers for Mendy and he'll go.

Edit: cripes, just realised I'm losing track of whose contract is up and who has a year left etc.

Last edited:
I genuinely would keep Mendy. When we have seen him play he's been far more effective than Soumare and I assume he must be on less dollar bills, y'all

I'd definitely keep Mendy for the Championship but I doubt he'll stay.

Why would we try and get rid of Vardy?

His wages are the main reason.

Also whether he'll still be good enough and fit enough to lead the line in the Championship - even if he took a big pay cut he'd still be too expensive to be a bit part player

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854