Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary Mac

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc said:
Peter Reid! god help us.

Full backs get the ball, hoof it diagonally to Mark De Vries, 3 midfielders and Matty Fryatt pick up the pieces and shoot on sight.

that was Sunderlands game plan with Quinn and Phillips anyway.

Joy.

Reid did well at sunderland. After listening to the press conference it dosen't seem like TD has got anyone ready to replace CL.

I picked Little off the poll, TBH I cannot see MON coming back so thought it was unrealistic.

My choices would be in no particular order :

Steve Cotterill - Done a fantastic job at Burnley and has experience at this level, also used to working on a shoestring, performed miracles with limited resources. Ripe for the picking now, on local radio in North West even the Burnley fans think he will go now after selling Ade, fustrated with lack of ambition. Has ties at the club following spell as coach under Adams.

Billy Davies - Another manager who has performed miracles at a club with limited resources, has been fustrated by the tight purse strings at the club, sale of its better players and was having a dig at the supporters for not backing the club. Also on a 12 month rolling contract so would be relatively cheap. David Kelly is assistant, so a return for both to a former club may appeal.

Brian Little - Proven manager at this level, knows how the club operates and would bring passion back to the club. Great man manager who would no doubt get the players behind him. Another fairly cheap replacement.

Mark McGhee - Another proven manager at this level, who has performed miracles in keeping a team with Brighton's resources in the championship, plays decent football and encourages youngsters, so could continue the platform Levein has left. He has admitted how he let the club down and IMO would jump at a second chance and the opportunity to make amends. Again another manager who would be reasonably priced.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Mark McGhee - Another proven manager at this level, who has performed miracles in keeping a team with Brighton's resources in the championship, plays decent football and encourages youngsters, so could continue the platform Levein has left. He has admitted how he let the club down and IMO would jump at a second chance and the opportunity to make amends. Again another manager who would be reasonably priced.

now that would be something if he came back. ten years on and he's back

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
now that would be something if he came back. ten years on and he's back

Just couldnt stomach that myself, cant stand that silly tw@ after what he did and said during his departure from lcfc.

Someone mentioned on 606 that MON's assistants John Robertson and Steve Walford should come back as they're both unemployed...thats probably the best thing ive heard...well better than Brian Little and Bassett anyway

I think that Mike Newell is the most obvious candidate. A few people have said that he wouldn't come here, but he's fallen out big time with the board at Luton as they can't match the sort of ambition he has (something about promises about a new ground that weren't kept). Sounds like he could be on the verge of walking out of Luton... As a much bigger club, despite the lack of finances, we could give him a platform if he thinks he got what it takes.

jesus,somebody will throw david pleats name in the mix soon,and he was a twaaat.

fleckneyfox said:
jesus,somebody will throw david pleats name in the mix soon,and he was a twaaat.

What about David Pleat?

he is out of work and talks complete bollox

Personally, I would welcome both McGhee or Little back to the club.

Singth said:
Personally, I would welcome both McGhee or Little back to the club.

I would welcome McGhee back... and then stab the focker in the back as soon as we walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363