Overrated? Underrated? Nonrated? VAT rated or exempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabrah

I'm losing track. Who is our most underrated player? Is it Albrighton or Schmeichel? And who is the most overrated?

Further, who is our most overrated underrated player? And, conversely, underrated overrated player?

Is Nacho rubbish or the dog's danglies? Or flux rated? Will Vardy ever be the same again? Is he post rated?*

Begs the question, is anyone correctly rated?

(*I wrote 'postrated' at first which was, at first glance, confusing and, for gentlemen of a certain age, perhaps, um.... something)

Early? Nah, I'm an hour ahead of UK time but it's a natural high anyway, I don't drink.

Just amuses me when people announce, like they've stumbled across some previously unknown pearl of wisdom, that a certain player is underrated. They've needed to bring to everyone's attention the skills and attributes the player has because, like, no one else has ever noticed.

It's not just on here, it's pundits and commentators too. In our team, it's usually Albrighton that gets the accolade. It's mentioned so frequently that it makes you wonder if there's anybody left that doesn't know, but yet it gets trotted out again and again as if it is, in itself, a hallmark; Mark 'underrated' Albrighton. A category there really ought be a stat for. :laughing:

Early? Nah, I'm an hour ahead of UK time but it's a natural high anyway, I don't drink.

Just amuses me when people announce, like they've stumbled across some previously unknown pearl of wisdom, that a certain player is underrated. They've needed to bring to everyone's attention the skills and attributes the player has because, like, no one else has ever noticed.

It's not just on here, it's pundits and commentators too. In our team, it's usually Albrighton that gets the accolade. It's mentioned so frequently that it makes you wonder if there's anybody left that doesn't know, but yet it gets trotted out again and again as if it is, in itself, a hallmark; Mark 'underrated' Albrighton. A category there really ought be a stat for. :laughing:
Even with the fact that he gets pegged as being underrated, Albrighton remains so.
He came on for George Thomas last week and from what I recall, it changed the game entirely.

Even with the fact that he gets pegged as being underrated, Albrighton remains so.
I guess it depends what you mean by underrated.

With Albrighton fr'instance, personally, I think pretty much everyone on this forum knows what he brings to the team, what he can do etc. and that he's rightly valued for it. I don't know what more people want said about him. Or how frequently.

If people mean by underrated that we don't stick a player in same category as Messi then fair enough, good call, we don't. For a reason.

I reckon I just have a different understanding of the word, that's all. A decent player having a good game doesn't make them underrated - just a decent player having a good game. I think people just want to acknowledge that and they do it by saying underrated rather than saying 'x had a good game'

I think it's true that Albrighton is not underrated by the fans. However, he has been initially underrated by every Leicester manager he's played for, even the one that signed him! It seems like he has had to convince each manager that he's worthy of a starting place, and generally once he's in, he stays in (although Rodgers seems to be blowing a bit hot and cold on him in recent weeks).

My assumption with Albrighton is when people say he's underrated, I usually assume they mean by fans of other clubs, the media etc.

I think Leicester fans know Albrighton's ability and what he adds to the squad, but he very rarely gets mentioned by anyone else.

I think Schmeichel is underrated generally - even by our own fans. Or maybe under appreciated than underrated. I think media and other fans rate him as good player, but he's still lazily just put in the shadow of his dad.

Or maybe under appreciated than underrated.
Yes, I like that distinction.

Kasper gets mentions for being one of the best keepers in the prem. I'd agree with that, yet I'll still moan about his distribution sometimes. I think I probably am guilty of not appreciating how good he is comparatively. I mean, I know he can be little short of brilliant sometimes yet I don't put that in a context of other keepers.

Andy King was the definition of underrated. Very, very good footballer — granted, nothing like the flawless world class player so many seem to insist upon these days, but of a very high standard and a deserved title winner for our club in three different divisions. Rarely spoken of as a key player but easily and consistently our best midfielder for around a decade. Versatile within the midfield in that he performed several different roles and was competent in all of them.

Fantastic player whose testimonial should be a giant ****ing party with obscenely overpriced drinks and food.

My assumption with Albrighton is when people say he's underrated, I usually assume they mean by fans of other clubs, the media etc.

I think Leicester fans know Albrighton's ability and what he adds to the squad, but he very rarely gets mentioned by anyone else.

I think Schmeichel is underrated generally - even by our own fans. Or maybe under appreciated than underrated. I think media and other fans rate him as good player, but he's still lazily just put in the shadow of his dad.
Maybe he gets 'underrated' because he has been here for 6 years quietly doing a great job, including helping us become Champions, but does not grab the headlines like Vardy and Mahrez did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757