p--sed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad tactical changes towards the end, can understand Vassell coming on as he is same kinda player as Owen and gave England an outlet but Heskey coming on for Rooney was a bad mistake. Rooney was our best player tonight so why bring him off, i mean you wouldnt bring Zidane off would as he was France's best player. And Heskey is such a clumsy player it was obvious he would eventually give away a stupid free kick. And at the end, well, if i was alongside Gerrard in midfield i would have been pushing him about like anything even if we were on the same team, absolutely no need for a back pass, just boot it up the pitch, what the hell was he thinking.

chrislcfc18 said:
Bad tactical changes towards the end, can understand Vassell coming on as he is same kinda player as Owen and gave England an outlet but Heskey coming on for Rooney was a bad mistake. Rooney was our best player tonight so why bring him off, i mean you wouldnt bring Zidane off would as he was France's best player. And Heskey is such a clumsy player it was obvious he would eventually give away a stupid free kick. And at the end, well, if i was alongside Gerrard in midfield i would have been pushing him about like anything even if we were on the same team, absolutely no need for a back pass, just boot it up the pitch, what the hell was he thinking.
rooney played well but was on his last warning with the ref. (and to be fair he should have been booked before) he had to come off.
King was our best player tonight, faultless.
heskey's challenge was so pointless with 2 coming out to meet. :roll:
gerrard should have found row z, but after all the pressure we were under he wanted to play keep ball. he made a mistake. simple, it happens.
after tonight i'm more confident we'll get through this round.
we scored the first goal against the french for about 7 years and could have had a couple more.
there is a silver lining to the cloud!
was owen playing.... :?: :wink:

First half was fine, we passed the ball well, the midfield was flexible, and Rooney caused the French all sorts of problems by holding and turning with the ball. One concern for me was our inability to create any clear cut chances, although to be fair, France didn't do that either, and they have the likes of Henry and Zidane, the 2 best players in the world.

Second half, we were totally over run for long periods. Owen was anonymous for the large part, and didn't give us a outlet to hold up the ball. And as we sat so deep, when we did get posession, we didn't have enough space to keep it effectively.

I can understand the substitutions of both Hargreaves and Heskey. Hargreaves did OK, and provided some much needed energy as Scholes look shattered. Rooney was our best player (attacking wise), but he was at risk of a sending off at a time when he was perhaps losing his cool. Heskey came on and did ok, added some aerial threat, and linked up well with Vassell.

Ok, Heskey was an arse trying to defend, but it was a mistake, just like with Gerrard. Let's not pillar them for it.

As for the Zidane free kick, surely James was in the wrong position? He should have been standing to the right of the wall - The wall was there to protect his left side, but he stood more or less central/left. Although, Zidane's free kick was quality, can't take anything away from that.

MOTM? Must be King, he was so assured. Him or Terry for the Swiss? Difficult decision to make now....

I can't even reme,ber the game, but Henry was snuffed out by King. I never realised how cool King is on the ball, looks a cracking player to me. Super Franky Lampard, chap gets better and better every time I see him. Rooney was excellent, Heskey is a mingegoat. Gutted, we have got to win the next two games but we will be shattered after that twat Zidane polished us off.

Scowcroft said:
.....surely James was in the wrong position? He should have been standing to the right of the wall - The wall was there to protect his left side, but he stood more or less central/left.....

Spot on there Scowy, Walker would have had that one easy. James was looking excellent until that, it's a shame but when you stick a lump of shit in goal that's what happens.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
.....surely James was in the wrong position? He should have been standing to the right of the wall - The wall was there to protect his left side, but he stood more or less central/left.....

Spot on there Scowy, Walker would have had that one easy. James was looking excellent until that, it's a shame but when you stick a lump of shit in goal that's what happens.
Walker has crap postioning on free kicks that's his weakness IMO. He wouldn't have saved that, nice hack down from James on Henry. He about killed him! Dozey twat

I don't see the point of building a wall if you are just going to stand behind it. Cowboy builder James is, 'kin cowboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757