Palace to Raid the City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

Having last week posted a 'let's raid the Palace' topic, I'm now worried that they may be doing the pilfering instead! I fear that Bent and Thatcher, in view of his London connection, will be on Ian Dowie's list. Hope I'm wrong, because these two were the few good signings that MA has made.

can't do anything about bent, i'd be surprised if thatcher goes though.
is elliott back with us next season? does anyone know? thatcher should be club captain if not and dickov fooks off.

MKFox said:
is elliott back with us next season?
Yeah he has another year on his contract....(Twatface Taylor gave him a 5 year contract when he was 30 :? )

City Fan said:
MKFox said:
is elliott back with us next season?
Yeah he has another year on his contract....(Twatface Taylor gave him a 5 year contract when he was 30 :? )

It was 4 years actually. :wink:

By getting Jones off the wage list, if we managed to get Elliott to piss off, we would have alot to play around with transfer wise......

Aint gonna happen though. :cry:

Financially that would be good, but i think Elliott is a brilliant Division 1 player, he may lack the pace in the Premier, but i think Div 1 suits him. He and Taagart had a good partnership when we got promoted last time, and so far we have Heath, Dabizas, and Elliot...who would your 2 first choice centre backs be?

San said:
Financially that would be good, but i think Elliott is a brilliant Division 1 player, he may lack the pace in the Premier, but i think Div 1 suits him. He and Taagart had a good partnership when we got promoted last time, and so far we have Heath, Dabizas, and Elliot...who would your 2 first choice centre backs be?

Personally, I would have Elliott over Dabizas. Dabizas has looked a liability most games I have seen him play. Elliott had one bad game against Wolves this season, and that was it for him. That was due to a lack of fitness, and he was rushed back way too early. In other games he has played, he has been solid. He only really let himself down against Brum, but he hasn't done much else wrong, and I think he was treated unfairly by Micky.

The way I see it is Elliott has one year left on his contract, let's make him work for it. Elliott is outstanding at Division 1 level (As proved with us, and Ipswich) and after releasing so many players, we will need him IMO.

Elliott and Heath for centreback. I reckon Dabizas will piss off, it really depends which sucker of a club takes him.

i'm delighted we've got Elliott for next season.
Hopefully he'll be remembered fondly after a cracking season.

my question earlier was really 'are we sure that he won't stay at ipswich?'

MKFox said:

I don't think he will. Micky has indicated in the press that Elliott has a role to play next season. Besides, Ipswich would not be able to afford his wages (ableit part of it) for the whole season.

KTFaith said:
MKFox said:
can't do anything about bent, i'd be surprised if thatcher goes though.

Why surprised when he has relegation clause in his contract like Dickov & Scimeca ?
don't know really!
blind optimism? :wink:

MKFox said:

Ipswich had signed a Wigan centre back already which makes that even less likely

Scowcroft said:
San said:

Personally, I would have Elliott over Dabizas. Dabizas has looked a liability most games I have seen him play. Elliott had one bad game against Wolves this season, and that was it for him. That was due to a lack of fitness, and he was rushed back way too early. In other games he has played, he has been solid. He only really let himself down against Brum, but he hasn't done much else wrong, and I think he was treated unfairly by Micky. (quote)

Dabizas is an interesting case. On paper a current international centre back playing for a half decent European country should have been a good acquisition. But he's crap. Gillespie -a similar instance of a player with a reputation/ pedigree & he's worse crap. Who actually watches how these guys are currently playing before inflicting them on the Walkers? I can't believe that anyone could have been impressed with Curtis, Hignett, Dabizas, Howey or Gillespie & what chance was there of Brooker hacking it at Prem level? Very strange stuff.

I don't think it's entirly that strange. These were players that had previous premiership expereince, and were unwanted and on the cheap (With the exception of Brooker)

I believe Elliot and MA fell out, for similar reasons to to the Howey business, but MA didn't have the guts to sack Elliot because he feared the fans would be against him.

If Matty has cleaned up his image, then who knows, but I can't see MA backtracking.

LeeH said:
I believe Elliot and MA fell out, for similar reasons to to the Howey business, but MA didn't have the guts to sack Elliot because he feared the fans would be against him.

If Matty has cleaned up his image, then who knows, but I can't see MA backtracking.

I would have htought the reason for not 'sacking' him would be the fact w cant afford to pay up his contract. He did ofcourse send him off on loand which is probably the best thing he could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263