Partick Thistle

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-0 to us so far, Benji the scorer.

Team was: Pressman, Makin, Stewart, Stearman, Heath, Dawson, Gillespie, Gemmill, Benjamin, Wright, Morris.
Subs: Walker, Dublin, Connolly, Wilcox, Williams, Nalis, O'Grady, Canero, Scowcroft, Butcher.

I don't know too much about the opponents we're playing but, we don't seem to be letting in too many goals....

Orifice said:
I don't know too much about the opponents we're playing but, we don't seem to be letting in too many goals....

I don't think we're scoring enough goals either, Partick Thistle is rubbish.

East Anglia Fox said:
Orifice said:

I don't think we're scoring enough goals either, Partick Thistle is rubbish.

Was a long way from the first team, if that team can beat these then i think we can be encouraged

hey everyone, ive come back from scotland now, only managed to get to the partick game. It was a fairly decent performance from our lads, and especially our defence. Matt Heath was superb making block after block to stop them getting through. If you want a report on each player let me know.

sheffield_fox said:
hey everyone, ive come back from scotland now, only managed to get to the partick game. It was a fairly decent performance from our lads, and especially our defence. Matt Heath was superb making block after block to stop them getting through. If you want a report on each player let me know.

Good stuff Sheff. What was the mood of the players like? Did they seem up and ready for action or was it just a kick about in the park. Are They Hungry For War!!!

I'll give you my full match report:

Kevin Pressman - Superb in the city goal, played the full 90 minutes, made 2 or 3 blinding saves and commanded the defence with great authority. Only worrying point was a needless charge out of goal with the ball, like a bull charging at a red cape. 8.5/10

Chris Makin - Looked very solid at full back. In my opinion looks like he could be another excellent addition to the squad in division one. Played with experience. 8/10

Jordan Stewart - Had quite an effective game at left back, getting forward well showing some good touches and good interplay. Limped off shortly into the 2nd half though. Initially quite worrying, I noticed him walk up the steps of the opposite stand without a limp later on in the half to take a seat so I think he should be ok. 7/10

Matt Heath (c) - Led by example at the back, had a superb game, more than made up for what I heard was a terrible performance at St Johnstone. Made block after last ditch block to prevent too many partick shots getting through to pie man in goal. 9/10

Richard Stearman - 2nd time I've seen this young lad now and once again he really impressed at the back working together excellently with Heath and under the direction of Pressman. The main thing that stands out about him is his unbelieveable composure and even arrogance on the ball. He did get caught out by this once though by a sharp partick attacker but it didn't cost him. 8/10

Keith Gillespie - A quiet game from the right winger, although it was a quietly impressive game. He didn't do anything particularly noticeable but he worked hard, got back and helped out the defence and defensive midfielders. 6/10

Trevor Benjamin - I'm afraid to say it but our match winner on the day looked well below par even at this level. Many of his passes went astray and his first touch was woeful more often than not. His best work came in defence making one or two strong tackles. Took his goal well with an good header, but it was his only good moment of the match really. 5/10

Scot Gemmill - Not brilliant in the first half, but seemed to link up a lot better in the 2nd. Seems like a pretty good passer of the ball and I wouldn't mind seeing him in as a backup to the likes of Gareth Williams, although I think there are probably better players out there that we could look at. 6.5/10

Stephen Dawson - Went off at half time, but stood out again in the first half simply for his unbelieveable work rate. The little chap never stops running and is very niggly. Very much a younger rawer version of Roy Keane if ever I have seen it. 7/10

Tommy Wright - Had an average kind of game really. Got one or two half chances, but didn't particularly shine. He does appear to have gained some strength since his loan spell as he was holding the ball up very well at times. 6.5/10

Lee Morris - Got better and better as the game went on. He didn't get many decisions go his way at all, but he has an excellent first touch and wasn't afraid to go in for tackles. Just needs a bit more fitness to regain his full pace but he looked like he could be a decent asset this season. Set up the goal with a superb cross. 8/10

Substitutes

Aaron Butcher - Came on at half time. Impressed me more than I thought he would. Not sure why he didn't have a number on his back, but he just seemed to slot in to the team effortlessly, didn't look out of place at all. 7/10

Peter Canero - Played quite well when he came on. Its clear he likes to get forward. On a Leicester counter, he absolutely stormed down the right at unbelieveably pace where Morris gave him a shooting chance, but he sliced it high and wide. I'm sure he will enjoy himself in Kilmarnock (where I stayed incidentally). 6.5/10

Jason Wilcox - Came on for the injured Jordan. Most of his best work again came defensively, and he was always involved when Leicester countered. Looked pretty useful throughout the 2nd half. 7.5/10

Chris O'Grady - Linked up very well for the time he was on. Showed a lot of pace and was always central whenever Leicester attacked. A player who I would hope to be given a chance in the next season or two at some stage. 7.5/10

I don't think I've missed anyone. Overall it was a pretty good performance considering that Partick were well up for it and put in an excellent performance themselves. I actually was very lucky and managed to get a short video of the goal on my digital camera. So if anyone hasn't got Leicester City world and would like to see it, albeit at an angle when it goes in due to me standing up, pm me and I will put it up on the net somewhere along with all the photos that I took.

Thank you and goodnight.

Sheffiled Fox, shame on you not telling me you were staying at the hallowed ground, I could have popped down and bought u a beer, well you won 2 games lads but tonight u meet real opposition, sorry 2 - 1 Killie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757