Paul Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

Does anyone else think like me that he is a complete waste of space. Yesterday he did not take on his man but continued to back off giving them opportunity to cross the ball into our box. He does not jump for headers, he does not close down players, in short he brings nothing to the game and we would be better playing an out and out winger instead.

:icon_roll Here we go...

Harry, you've just described a defending attribute of a players game, yet you want to bring on an out and out winger.

Maybe we should turn back the clock a couple of seasons when we had 7 rightbacks.
!

Does anyone else think like me that he is a complete waste of space. Yesterday he did not take on his man but continued to back off giving them opportunity to cross the ball into our box. He does not jump for headers, he does not close down players, in short he brings nothing to the game and we would be better playing an out and out winger instead.

I think he'd be more effective if he played up front. However, Fryatt and Waghorn are doing a good job at the moment and Pearson clearly sees Gallagher as a good option for the wing. After the success that Pearson has given us in recent times, I'm not going to question his choice of players or tactics.

I have a dreaded feeling he's going to become the new gareth williams. Bags of ability but will rarely show it. i think he'd be more suited to the kind of role Yann has been playing in the last couple of matches.

I didn't go yesterday, but I thought he was ou best player vs Plymouth. :102:

Agree with Bezu about Fryatt and Waggamama but Gallagher is one of our most creative players and should be in the team regularly. And how the **** would things be any different in terms of stopping opposition crosses if N'Guessan, Adams or Gradel was on the wing? Unbelievable stuff Harry.

He is a very talented young player and he certainly isn't a waste of space, once he settles in he will be fine, he has shown what he is capable of against CP.

He's not that young. 25/26 I seem to recall.

:icon_roll Here we go...

You really have a problem with people starting threads about anything then?

I happen to agree that PG is a waste of space, doesn't really fit into our team very well and I get the distinct feeling that he thinks he's two or three times better than he actually is.

I wonder if he was purchased because NP thought Fryatt was about to be sold?

From what I've seen and heard over the last few games, we've not been playing with wingers anyway. There seems to be an obsession with some fans that you have to play 4-4-2 and have speedy, tricky wingers who can take people on and get crosses in. In reality those players (good ones) are few and far between and very few teams actually play like that.

I can see exactly why NP bought Gallagher. He's a talented player who can play in a variety of positions, very much the modern footballer. You see a lot more "horses for courses" now - the days where players did the same job, week in, week out, are pretty much gone (with the possible exception of a Wayne Brown-type centre back or the keeper).

I'm a big fan of Gallagher, he's a real creative force for us. He puts in excellent corners and crosses for us - in fact he's great for all our set pieces, which is something we've not had for a while.

His goals at Palace justify his transfer fee already for me.

You really have a problem with people starting threads about anything then?

I happen to agree that PG is a waste of space, doesn't really fit into our team very well and I get the distinct feeling that he thinks he's two or three times better than he actually is.

I wonder if he was purchased because NP thought Fryatt was about to be sold?

I wouldn't have a problem with him starting a thread to moan about a player if we were bottom of the league. I have a problem with people who constantly moan when we are 3rd in the league though.

From what I've seen and heard over the last few games, we've not been playing with wingers anyway. There seems to be an obsession with some fans that you have to play 4-4-2 and have speedy, tricky wingers who can take people on and get crosses in. In reality those players (good ones) are few and far between and very few teams actually play like that.

I remember when Jose Mourinho came into the Chelsea job and he couldn't understand the English mentality that certain players have to play in certain positions. I agree with him.

Heard someone earlier this season say they didn't want to play Morrison at RB even though they thought he had played well there last season, because he didn't think we should be playing a young player out of his natural position...

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a problem with him starting a thread to moan about a player if we were bottom of the league. I have a problem with people who constantly moan when we are 3rd in the league though.

Well unless I'm mistaken no where in the forum rules does it say that anyone who wishes to start a thread anywhere on this site must first consult you. No one else has felt the need to pass judgement on this topic. In fact everyone else has debated the topic - which is why your annoying 'don't say that' attitude is counter productive to this forum. :bang::bang::bang:

I really hope we have more to come from PG. Its more than possiable that Waghorn will be recalled in January and if that does happen I would expect to see PG get a run up front, where he has openly said he wants to be played.

Well unless I'm mistaken no where in the forum rules does it say that anyone who wishes to start a thread anywhere on this site must first consult you. No one else has felt the need to pass judgement on this topic. In fact everyone else has debated the topic - which is why your annoying 'don't say that' attitude is counter productive to this forum. :bang::bang::bang:

I really hope we have more to come from PG. Its more than possiable that Waghorn will be recalled in January and if that does happen I would expect to see PG get a run up front, where he has openly said he wants to be played.

Where have I said "don't say that"? Where have I claimed that there was anything in the rules that said people needed to consult me first? Please don't put words into my mouth. I have said that it annoys me that people are moaning when we are doing so well, but nothing else.

Last edited:
One of our better players now after a shaky start. Always running, wins most headers he goes for and has got a cracking long shot/freekick on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363