Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is all wild speculation but hey that's what these type of forums is all about.

I can't help wonder whether the Bangkok incident is still involved with all of this and the owners could be looking for a way out.

When we take the blue tinted glasses off and look at the facts - the value of LCFC even with the new TV package is significantly less than the King Power brand. Do we even make a profit?

Owners buy our PL clubs for a variety of reasons. Many US owners realise that the value in broadcasting has only just started as things move to the Internet.

I dont know whether King Power are in it for that. King Power's business model is intrinsically linked to the Thailand tourist economy and the Thai royal family. They need the royal warrant to open more airport shops and tourists to come through the gates to spend money.

The Thai authorities have openly stated they want more competition for duty free shops beyond the KP monopoly. At the same time KP want to expand throughout Asia

LCFC will forever be linked to an unsavoury incident that highlights the seedier side of Thailand the authorities do not want to promote.

Is it possible Vichai will want to disconnect himself and his business (that he built from nothing) away from any possible reference to the incident and LCFC to protect much bigger business interests.

Or even perhaps he's been told to by the provinces power brokers.

Just a theory to throw out there

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Also... if the rumour in Thailand (I was there last week) that the King is dead is true... the Thai economy could be about to take a serious nose dive with the vacuum left behind. They might end up with nothing left to invest

Managerial sacking, idiots on the bookies lists, gossip being spouted as fact and lots of sanctimonious moralising - it's almost like the good old Championship days.

I like to invent entire scenarios that never happened when I have no notion of what the facts are, it helps me to rationalise that which I can't comprehend.;)

Oh, I see. Well, so long as it doesn't interfere with your hyperbolic outbursts of moral indignation, that's all good with me.

Preki will not be coming here. The owners want someone with clout!

The owners also want someone to do as he's told. Which do they want more?
Wrong. They are happy for the manager and staff to make decisions. They just don't want someone who is going to set a bad example.

The owners also want someone to do as he's told. Which do they want more?

Based on what?

Nothing they have done up until now suggest they want a puppet for their strings imo. Sousa, Sven & PeeStain all signed the players they wanted to.

Preki could well be coming here as Head Coach, and working with someone the club consider more experienced. I am as confident as I can be that Preki will be part of our new management team, and he will be taking up the 'main role'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757