People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman in post office today.

I needed 14 stamps....

Transcript today:
Hazz: Whats the biggest book of stamps ya got?
Woman: 100
Hazz: Whats the next lot?
Woman: 12
Hazz: I will have a 12 and 6 then please
Woman: That's £5.76
Hazzman (thinking): £5.76 Feck sake that's expensive
Hazzman: Cheers (put them in my pocket)
Woman: Thank You

Get home, that 5.76 was expensive look at the stamps. The 12 book is normally first class, open you the 6 book its all fecking lardy dar stamps with messages on them. Now I have to send future bosses and newspapers stamps with 'Best Wishes' on or 'thank you', even 'New Baby!'.

The woman in post office today.

I needed 14 stamps....

Transcript today:
Hazz: Whats the biggest book of stamps ya got?
Woman: 100
Hazz: Whats the next lot?
Woman: 12
Hazz: I will have a 12 and 6 then please
Woman: That's £5.76
Hazzman (thinking): £5.76 Feck sake that's expensive
Hazzman: Cheers (put them in my pocket)
Woman: Thank You

Get home, that 5.76 was expensive look at the stamps. The 12 book is normally first class, open you the 6 book its all fecking lardy dar stamps with messages on them. Now I have to send future bosses and newspapers stamps with 'Best Wishes' on or 'thank you', even 'New Baby!'.

when you were thinking ' feck sake that's expensive ' why didnt you look at them then and then complain!

I always check stuff like that - people are always mis-hearing you or trying to con ya!

Hazza, take them back and exchange them for normal ones . Or use them as tender

Last edited:
when you were thinking ' feck sake that's expensive ' why didnt you look at them then and then complain!

I always check stuff like that - people are always mis-hearing you or trying to con ya!

Hazza, take them back and exchange them for normal ones . Or use them as tender

I am just sticking a Balloons one on a letter to Coalville Times, right now.....

No jobs atm although with the Bumper jobdays in the Mockery, I will be doing. I'm writing to newspaper asking if they run trainee schemes or in-hous training. Last time I wrote off Coalville Times were extremely encouraging, so here's hoping.

With spelling and grammar like that I wouldn't bother........:icon_wink

No jobs atm although with the Bumper jobdays in the Mockery, I will be doing. I'm writing to newspaper asking if they run trainee schemes or in-hous training. Last time I wrote off Coalville Times were extremely encouraging, so here's hoping.

nice one, good luck!

some of my mates do journo related courses at uni, they say its really hard to get work/trainee schemes and even work experience at papers because everyone wants to do it

With spelling and grammar like that I wouldn't bother........:icon_wink

When I went for work experience at Hinckley, they told me forgot the normal rules of grammar and spelling. Use the simple analogy of 'Who? What? When? Where?' and try to keep it to as less line as possible.

Secondly, I allow myself to become lazy at most computer screens, esp. on a site where I know I know it's not going to under major scrunity (although I am aware this does happen but not with drawbacks like it would somewhere more professional).

When I went for work experience at Hinckley, they told me forgot the normal rules of grammar and spelling.

To be honest the normal rules of human existence don't apply in Hinckley, so I'm not in the least surprised........

add 'the general truth' to that and you have the mercury

Absolutely, when I have written off before, the Mercury are the most rudest, it's not constructive criticism or even advice but often a god-damnation of your ambition. I have found some people very encouraging and others not so, I am just hoping someone takes a shine to me and gives me a start to work from.

Someone I knew from secondary school was once on this community thing with the Mercury, he had no real interest with the career and I asked how come he was involved. He said 'I was picked by the school', 'I'll ask for you but if I think you need to be from an estate like Beaumont Leys'. Two week later, article in the Mercury with kids from all different estates Beaumont Leys, Highfields, New Parks, Braunstone, never led to anything for any of the kids, just the Mercury trying to get in the community good books. They got to meet Bill Anderson as well, I wish I could of, I would have put him straight.

Absolutely, when I have written off before, the Mercury are the most rudest, it's not constructive criticism or even advice but often a god-damnation of your ambition. I have found some people very encouraging and others not so, I am just hoping someone takes a shine to me and gives me a start to work from.

Maybe you should get someone to proof read your application letters.......

Dog owners...........

When their mutt bites you all they can say is " thats the first time he has bitten..."

Well this is the first time you are being sued...............:mad: :mad: :mad:

People that arrive at and then stand in front of you in the Pub when you are already watching football and then be so self absorbed as to not even look round to see if they were standing in anybody's way. :098:

People like that should not be allowed out. :mad: :mad: :098:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610