Status
Not open for further replies.

discojoe

Viking enter Kovacs race
Friday, 11 June 2004

Teams:

Leicester City

by Jostein Jensen
Viking Stavanger are hoping to beat Leicester City to Tromso's Hungarian international Peter Kovacs.
The Norwegian outfit are planning to spend big after a disappointing start to the season.

Leicester have been linked with Kovacs for some time, but Viking are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by offering Tromso a substantial offer.

"We will get in touch with Tromso over the next few days to find out what they demand for selling Peter Kovacs. If they want to do that will we continue our talks next week," Viking director Bjarne Berntsen told Bladet Tromso.

Kovacs is unfazed by the speculation and is biding his time over his future.

"I have lived with this now since March, I am starting to get pretty tired of it all," said Kovacs.

"If they (Viking) want to come with a bid, let them do so. Then will we see what happens."

Sounds like a good player. Could 'do a job' for us.

We were linked to this chap about 3 months ago, might well be more than a rumour

Textual English.

Me too, I'm off for a pasty.

Premiership club's Leicester City and Portsmouth are on the trail of Tromso's giant Hungarian striker Peter Kovacs.
The player's agent, Gary Stephens, has confirmed that both clubs are keen on his client and that a host of managers have been invited to look at the player in a pre-season training camp at La Manga.

The robust forward has made no secret of his desire to play in England and in November 2003, Kovacs had an impressive but ultimately unsuccessful trial at First Division Sunderland.

The 25-year-old has a contract with the Norwegian club until 2005 but with the Tippeliga outfit struggling financially, a fee of around £400,000 would likely secure his services.

''Both Portsmouth and Leicester want to see Peter,'' confirmed Stephens to Nordlys.

''Leicester looked at him in Cyprus in February and they liked what they saw there. Hopefully, they will continue their interest after the La Manga visit.''

If Kovacs impresses in La Manga it is likely that the player would be offered a trial in England before any permanent deal was concluded.

Kovacs admits that he is excited by a possible move to The Premiership and earmarks Leicester as a possibility for a summer move.

''I will meet Gary Stephens at La Manga to hear of the latest interest,'' Kovacs told TV2 Nettavisen.

''It's flattering to be connected with Leicester. I understand Les Ferdinand is to retire after this season, so they will be looking for a big and strong forward. I would fit in there.''

Tarzan said:
we cant compete if they are offering him big money so theres no point in gettin excited

you sure took your time in replying to this thread Tarzan!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

This was over a year ago you buffoon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861