Post Match Peterborough 1 Leicester 5 (FA cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New youngsters generally looked good.

Diabate good skills and positioning

Barnes not quite as good as quite a few passes just went straight to the opposition.

Well, I wasn't expecting that. They weren't very good but neither were Fleetwood.

This should give a lot of confidence to that Diatribe bloke. Looks good on the ball Garry.

Entertaining game, shame we conceded but hey ho. Accuracy thought Benalouane was pretty good today. Hamer not bad either. Barnes was poor. Diabate awesome! Silva dodgy at times but needs match time. Thought the substitutions were well thought out and stopped their momentum completely. We could have scored more but then I suppose so could they.

Can we release Ben Hamer please, getting beaten like that is something a kid would be embarrassed about

Chalk and cheese with the Fleetwood shambles - we strolled it

Had we kept up the attitude and approach of the first half I genuinely think we could have had ten - the gulf was that great

Hard to judge Diabetes against that opposition, but he looked very very good indeed. Technicallly excellent and quick as feck. Nacho too - he would have scored a hatful if we hadn't pissed about in the second half 'cos he got into scoring positions time and time and time again

Lovely stuff

Overall very solid and professional performance, the real positives has to be the emergence of Diabate who was magnificent. The future looks really promising under Puel and now have a number of young exciting options in the squad.

Looks like we have seen the last of King, Ulloa, Musa and Slimani.

We bossed the first half, Peterboro' looked better in the second but the 4th goal really killed them off. We played some excellent one touch football. We looked a bit dozy at the back at times. Diabate was fantastic, Nacho, Maguire and Silva too were a class above. Good substitutions made, Iborra and Barnes were largely unconvincing and it was the right call to take them off.

We were miles better than them. I thought we were excellent all over the pitch though Silva still looks like he needs to get some sharpness in his game and Iborra's distribution is a little frustrating.
Good to see Simpson back and also nice to see Mr Diabate play with such confidence.

Because the rebound is from an opposition player who is now playing him onside. If it came back off the post I agree he is still offside.

When Mr Diatribe had a shot in the 5th minute or so and it went flying wide of the goal I thought that he was going to take a while to calm down and get used to the game.
Glad to be wrong. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469