Peterborough - Sat 10th April 2010 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 1000 terraced tickets (behind the goal), and 686 seated tickets in the side stand.

Terraced prices:

Adults: £17.00
Seniors/Students: £14.00
Under 16's: £10.00

Seated prices:

Adults: £22.00
Seniors/Students: £14.00
Under 16's: £10.00

Tickets are currently on sale to P2 STH's. All other STH's can purchase tickets on Wednesday 31st March, Members on Thursday April 1st, and General Sale commences from Friday 2nd April.

Fox Travel:

Coaches will depart the stadium at 12noon.

Adult STH: £13.00
Concession STH: £11.00
Adult NON STH: £16.00
Concession NON STH: £14.00

Directions & Parking:

Approx 40 miles - 45 minutes

Leave Leicester via the A47, follow all the way to Peterborough. At the Stoke Parkway roundabout, take the 3rd exit on to the A1260, continue over the 1st roundabout and take the first left (Oundle Road), follow this to the junction with the A15 and the ground is straight in front of you.

Parking is available at the ground, and there is a council pay and display just off of London Road.

Trains:

Trains depart Leicester at 15 minutes past the hour, although there is either a special service or extra service added at 11.52am from Leicester.

Coming back, trains are again hourly at 52 minutes past the hour, and again there appears to be either a extra or special service at 5.42pm.

An off peak return is £16.90

Pubs:

The Drapers Arms (Wetherspoons) was packed full of Leicester fans last season.

More info here: http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-drapers-arms

Surely we will be given more tickets than this? We had about 4000 last season.

We can have more standing tickets, but no more seated tickets.

It was awful last season, cramped in that poxy end. Hopefully they'll be down and we'll be guranteed a play off spot.

We can have more standing tickets, but no more seated tickets.

It was awful last season, cramped in that poxy end. Hopefully they'll be down and we'll be guranteed a play off spot.

Agree totally.

So they should give us about another 200 hopefully.

First allocation of standing and all the seats have sold out. Another 1,000 standing tickets on the way

I take it we wont be able to pay on the gate?

Seems unlikely. Initial allocation has sold out, we've been sent another 1000 terrace tickets. Buy now if you're going.

I think there is a good chance they will be.

We've only had 2000 of the standing tickets, and the end holds 3200.

Last season this was deemed a 'dangerous fixture' by the old bill, yet this season we've been allowed to kick off at the proper time.

I think there is a good chance they will be.

We've only had 2000 of the standing tickets, and the end holds 3200.

Last season this was deemed a 'dangerous fixture' by the old bill, yet this season we've been allowed to kick off at the proper time.

A slip of the finger i assume? :102:

Any other pubs for Away fans nearer the ground? Especially on the main road in (A605)?

Any other pubs for Away fans nearer the ground? Especially on the main road in (A605)?

From:http://www.footballgroundguide.com/peterborough_united/
Where To Drink?
Michael Howard a visiting Reading Supporter informs me; 'The Cherry Tree pub on Oundle Rd is quite popular with away fans. Although small it is a friendly pub. It costs £2 to park in their car park but you get £2 off a beer if you present the parking ticket at the bar'. Alun Thomas a visiting Wrexham supporter adds; 'We found a better bet than the Cherry Tree was the Palmerston Arms. It is away fan friendly and has around 10 real ales on on offer. This pub is situated around 100 yards further along Oundle Road on the opposite side'. Whilst Gordon Pearson recommends the Peacock, which can be found 'as you come over the River Nene, proceed down London Road past the ground on the left and the pub is situated on the right at the traffic lights next to a KFC drive through'.

Near to the ground is Charters, which is certainly worth a visit. This former Dutch barge, is moored on the River Nene, just a few minutes walk away from London Road, on the left hand side of the bridge, going towards the town centre. Upstairs is a Chinese restaurant, but downstairs there is a bar, which had on my last visit 12 real ales on tap. It was friendly enough and fans were able to take their drinks out onto the river bank, which makes it quite pleasant, when the weather is good. Alternatively, the ground is in walking distance (10 minutes) of the town centre (which is very pleasant and complete with a cathedral) where there are plenty of good pubs to be found. If you are arriving by train then the Brewery Tap near to the station on Westgate, is worth a visit. The home of Oakham Ales, this spacious bar serves good beer, Thai food and allows you views into the brewery itself.

around 800 of the 1,400 2nd allocation still available

only a few standing tickets left, but none together only singles left.

I have a question. How long does it take to walk from the station to the ground?

only a few standing tickets left, but none together only singles left.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

... so I'm going to spin a coin.

:081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966