Player Ratings v Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in a state of shock at how bad we were but here goes;

6 Walker - Did OK. From were I was sitting I thought he could have claimed the throw in which led to he first goal.

6 Makin - Looked solid all game. Unlucky to get sent off as LC were pushing on and he did have another defender covering.

7 Keown - Another solid game at the back. Surprised how much trouble he had with the long throws.

7 Dabizas - Seemed more interested in fighting than football but seemed steady.

4 Stewart - I'm a Jordan fan but this was appalling. Rightly subbed.

5 Wilcox - This would've been a 4, but he picked up near the end and put some useful balls in the box.

5 Williams - Tryed hard but no impact on the game. Got forward twice as I remember but no real threat.

6 Nalis - Again, tried hard but no real threat. Covered well.

7 Scowcroft - Had the only shot on target. Won plenty in the air and battled well.

6 Connolly - Can't work out whether he is any good or not as he rarely touched the ball. Didn't really have a sniff.

3 Blake - Abysmal! Gave the ball away far too easily virtually every time he got it.

Subs:

3 Gillespie - Wasted a good chance with his first touch. Lazy pass led to 2nd goal. Big disappointment after good appearance @ Derby.

7 Gudjohanssen? - Busy little player. Looked lively. Changed the game in our favour. Can't be far off a starting place.

6 Benjamin - Didn't do a lot. Won a couple of free kicks, but appearance lifted the side and he is actually better than Blake.

Overall, very little to cheer. We were worse than we were at Derby and didnt get away with it this time.

Hopefully, Tiatto and Dublin will make the difference along with Joey in the Middle from the start.

Cheers

I went and i agree with the first post Blake is a lazy arrogant twat!

Wilcox and Stewart are both asleep most of the time!

Oh forgot to say hello im new and im frm Foxes Talk!

Welcome to the light side

sadly I didn't go on saturday, but I do have questions to anyone who did

Compared to West Ham and Derby, what went wrong ?
Was it just one of those games where everything went tits up ?
Were we just out thought by rent boy's tactics of spoiling the game and didn't have the nouse to combat it ?
Can we treat it like an Ipswich 6-1 game from two years ago, just wipe it from the record, and get on with winning the league ?

Or is it there really something to worry about ?

Compared to Derby, we were just as bad.

Don't be fooled by the result at Derby, we were shite.

If Derby could finish, we'd have been caned.

The difference against Millwall was that they took a couple of their chances.

I didn't see West Ham, but if you're playing with 10 men after 15 mins, its gonna be hard to make a judgement I suppose.

Hopefully, it's just a symptom of a new team starting to gel.

Defensively, we look really solid, but have lost goals due to sheer amount of pressure from the opposition. the midfield is really struggling IMO.

We also need the ball to 'stick' a bit up front as well. Gives the midfield a chance to get forward and gives the defence a break.

Thing is we had too many players who were not up to that game on saturday. Milwall were always going to play agressive football so MA put Williams and Nalis in Midfeild, neiether of which are agressive players. Scowy was out pased and wilcox got the ball but gave it to Milwall every time!!

Problem was we had no midefiled, everytime we needed someone to win the ball they couldnt. And then add that to only having on intrested stiker and you have an amazingly weak side.

Gudjhonsen cam on and showed some fight in the Centre of the park, but other than that Milwall dominated Midfeild. BTW who ever that guy with the throw is, we should sign him, he was EVERYWHERE, winning tackeles and making passes - not to mention his corner like thorow-in's

Fox Fan said:
Thing is we had too many players who were not up to that game on saturday. Milwall were always going to play agressive football so MA put Williams and Nalis in Midfeild, neiether of which are agressive players. Scowy was out pased and wilcox got the ball but gave it to Milwall every time!!

Problem was we had no midefiled, everytime we needed someone to win the ball they couldnt. And then add that to only having on intrested stiker and you have an amazingly weak side.

Gudjhonsen cam on and showed some fight in the Centre of the park, but other than that Milwall dominated Midfeild. BTW who ever that guy with the throw is, we should sign him, he was EVERYWHERE, winning tackeles and making passes - not to mention his corner like thorow-in's

We would never sign him as he has not "worked" with either MA or Bassett in the past. :roll:

Fox Fan said:

The throw in guy is something or other Serioux. That was his debut, so I can't see us signing him just yet ;)

The throw in guy is something or other Serioux. That was his debut, so I can't see us signing him just yet ;)[/quote]

I was there! You are right about Serioux...he was a threat throughout. I've not seen a throw like that since Challoner!

Tiatto is back this weekend so we will hopefully see more cohesion. Stewart ought to go out on loan at a lower league club as he's out of his depth at the moment. Joey G should start too he gives us more options when he comes on and closes down the open spaces we have been giving the opposition.

I was at Derby too and the Sheep should have been 3 up by half time but for awful finishing. Hopefully it's just a settling in period we're going through as MA tries to establish a starting eleven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566