Players following levein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

obviously it remains to be seen how leveins 1st 3 (if u include kisnorbo) signings will work out but it says something about the man that 3 players want to work with him again and if kirk comes thatll be 4. it suggests he had a lot of respect from his previous squad and that they really feel they benefit from being managed by him.

They may well respect the guy, but I bet they're also getting a few extra coppers in their weekly pay packet by joining us!

and i think it offers a chance for the players to play in the Prem, I am sure if Ipswich or Wigan had gone in for Maybury or MDV they would have gone to them as well.

I am sure they would have gone to many clubs. But would they have gone to a club with a manager they have no respect for or a manager that they think will screw up their career?
Most players will only move if they think it will further their long term career, I think it is a good reflection

dont forget that de vries and maybury in particular aimed to be in premiership. for them to go to a championship club who're doing nowhere near as good as they should be speaks volumes for how highly they rate levein IMO. we had a good team under levein, but it wasnt through having the best players, it was through levein getting the best out of players who didnt do it elsewhere
lets face it, with the players hearts had, we should never have beaten bordeaux or braga or basel
evryone whos dealt with him respects levein, but as i keep saying on this forum, ule see for yourselves why soon enough :wink:

youngscot said:
dont forget that de vries and maybury in particular aimed to be in premiership. for them to go to a championship club who're doing nowhere near as good as they should be speaks volumes for how highly they rate levein IMO. we had a good team under levein, but it wasnt through having the best players, it was through levein getting the best out of players who didnt do it elsewhere
lets face it, with the players hearts had, we should never have beaten bordeaux or braga or basel
evryone whos dealt with him respects levein, but as i keep saying on this forum, ule see for yourselves why soon enough :wink:

You think so yeah? I really hope so and get behind the manager all the time at the moment. I am keen for his re-build to really take shape and I guess the signings of Maybury, De Vries and Kisnorbo signal an intent...

Hope we can give you something back mind... I reckon Matt Elliot would do a job for you you know..

no

seriously, no! :lol:

more seriously tho...
levein was one of the names many ppl thought should have been new scottish manager- unheard of for such a yonug, unproven guy to even get mentioned
fair enough, we're pish just now, but we wouldnt deliberately give the job to a diddy.
unless, of course, he's a famous foreign diddy...

youngscot said:
levein was one of the names many ppl thought should have been new scottish manager

Earlier in the season when there was talk that the Scotland manager might get the sack, I heard someone on Radio 5 talking about Levein being a future Scotland manager, and raving about how well he'd done at Hearts. At the time I thought maybe we should sack Micky Adams and get Levein before he had the chance to become the national manager. Maybe someone at LCFC was also listening.

Chris Makin would look great in a hearts shirt

heheheh i wouldnt even know who makin was if he spat in my face, and yet i get the feeling that we dont really want him...

youngscot said:
heheheh i wouldnt even know who makin was if he spat in my face, and yet i get the feeling that we dont really want him...
he'd miss :D

Again I don't know who Makin is, but I don't think I want to, either...

I think Mark de Vries will be a big flop in the Championship to be honest. Alan Maybury is a great defender and I think he could move up to the Premiership - whether it be with Leicester or not. Kisnorbo... well, not too many Hearts fans are going to miss him. Runs around like a headless chicken and puts the odd tackle in. Commited, but I think he's really not lived up to his reputation (Inter had reported an interest!)

Jambo said:
Again I don't know who Makin is, but I don't think I want to, either...

I think Mark de Vries will be a big flop in the Championship to be honest. Alan Maybury is a great defender and I think he could move up to the Premiership - whether it be with Leicester or not. Kisnorbo... well, not too many Hearts fans are going to miss him. Runs around like a headless chicken and puts the odd tackle in. Commited, but I think he's really not lived up to his reputation (Inter had reported an interest!)

hi euan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758