Players out on loan 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lot have got short memories. How can we have given him a prolonged run in the team when he was SO shite in the opportunities he was given?

Literally zilch positives to work on.

I don't buy this bollocks about 'prolonged run' etc... it is entirely illogical. He started well back at CSKA and has continued to progress. Lots of players don't have prolonged runs but are able to contribute time after time when called upon but Musa simply did not. He was given opportunities to perform for us and failed every single one of them with the exception of his debut. No manager in his right mind could have given him more time to fail given the appalling performances he gave. Players perform differently for different clubs for many more complex reasons and with Musa I just feel he's happier there. I don't know why, perhaps it is a system thing or perhaps it's more of an emotive thing but it's more than a simple case of game time.

I don't buy this bollocks about 'prolonged run' etc... it is entirely illogical. He started well back at CSKA and has continued to progress. Lots of players don't have prolonged runs but are able to contribute time after time when called upon but Musa simply did not. He was given opportunities to perform for us and failed every single one of them with the exception of his debut. No manager in his right mind could have given him more time to fail given the appalling performances he gave. Players perform differently for different clubs for many more complex reasons and with Musa I just feel he's happier there. I don't know why, perhaps it is a system thing or perhaps it's more of an emotive thing but it's more than a simple case of game time.
You might not buy the bollocks about a prolonged run in the team, but what about the bollocks about him being played as a winger when he's a striker. I only remember him being deployed once there, in a cup game, and he certainly looked like he deserved another opportunity tben

You lot have got short memories. How can we have given him a prolonged run in the team when he was SO shite in the opportunities he was given?

Literally zilch positives to work on.

I watched him single handedly win the game at Goodison Park when he came on and rescued us after everyone else on the pitch was utter turd.

It wasn't a fluke, he showed what he can do when played in position

I watched him single handedly win the game at Goodison Park when he came on and rescued us after everyone else on the pitch was utter turd.

That was the one and only occasion. Elvis Hammond had a decent 45 mins once.

So that's the paradigm is it? Does Slimani's performance in the Carabao cup mean he is suddenly a great player? The example you cite is correct but it was the exception rather than the norm.

Take as an example Lingard at Manchester United. He never gets a run in the team really but he delivers time and time again when he is called upon. No one can say that about Musa.

So that's the paradigm is it? Does Slimani's performance in the Carabao cup mean he is suddenly a great player? The example you cite is correct but it was the exception rather than the norm.

Take as an example Lingard at Manchester United. He never gets a run in the team really but he delivers time and time again when he is called upon. No one can say that about Musa.

I don't think anyone believes Musa is a great player. My beef with the Musa situation is that he was played out of position in a team that weren't trying. Even Mahrez and Vardy looked shit then.

Go on...

(Lingard has started 20 or so games for United this season, many of them in a row).
If you can't be bothered then neither can I but as a taster:

Giroud
Crouch
Hernandez
Defoe

All had huge lengths of time spent on benches without starting games yet managed, for the most part to have an impact when given time on the pitch. More recently Chris Wood is doing it as is Lingard who has started about 17 games including cups. Another example is Emre Can who spent ages as a squad player but always looked to be creative when he came on and has worked his way into the starting eleven. Diabate looks like he wants to change the game and be creative when he comes on for us as did Iheanacho at Manchester City. This is just the tip of the iceberg but I can't be bothered to cite any more.

Slimani came on as a sub after 75mins today

42 mins
Arsenal 4-1 CSKA Moscow

Ahmed Musa is basically taking on Arsenal on his own at the moment - another top-quality run at the defence, this time he shoots himself and it's saved by Petr Cech. If only his team-mates were as good as him.

He did ok actually - just a shame he was playing alongside a complete load of turd

Pub team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758