Points Tracker 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also forgot to black out the bottom of the league where we have got two teams points tally for the entire season...

The league table after ten matches is looking quite different to last season.

We have 20 points from our first 10 games but last season, so did Bournemouth, and that was only good enough for 6th place. Five teams had more than two points per game at this point.

Man City are down four points compared to last season. If Liverpool draw tomorrow, they'll be exactly the same as last season at this stage.

Chelsea are four points worse off than the same stage last year. With a game in hand, Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd are nine, seven and seven points worse off.

All this points to the league being much more closely compacted than last year. For example, this time last season, Cardiff were in 17th with five points. Now only Watford at the bottom have that total.

Of the top six from the last three seasons, only Liverpool have not deteriorated. In contrast, we're seven points better off than this point last season. Aside from Liverpool, the table is looking remarkably similar to the 2015/16 season at this point.

I've finally remembered to 'black out' the bottom teams who we have more points then them even though we have only played 10 games.

2.00 points per game would give us 76 points.

Two more consecutive wins would be nice to move this average up...

Do you remember the days when the first/main priority in the season was making sure we had enough points to stay up?
I recently sat through the Sky Sports rerun of the 2014/15 season.
Looked at the league table at the end of each month, shaking my head knowing we did escape, but thinking HOW?

10 games into the season:

Mane, Firminio, Salah - 13 goals, 7 assists (total 29 appearances between them)
Barnes, Vardy, Perez - 13 goals, 6 assists (total 28 appearances between them)

10 games into the season:

Mane, Firminio, Salah - 13 goals, 7 assists (total 29 appearances between them)
Barnes, Vardy, Perez - 13 goals, 6 assists (total 28 appearances between them)
... and ours are just getting started :)

Our next 7 games are all very winnable. I don’t see why we can’t get at least 17 points from them.

Because we are playing Palace?
It feels like our biggest test so far, they’re a proper bogey side now for us in my opinion. If we show up expecting to strut about we’ll get slapped down immediately, they deserve respect and hopefully Brendycakes can look back on a few of our previous defeats to then and figure out what’s needed.

It feels like our biggest test so far, they’re a proper bogey side now for us in my opinion. If we show up expecting to strut about we’ll get slapped down immediately, they deserve respect and hopefully Brendycakes can look back on a few of our previous defeats to then and figure out what’s needed.

I’m dreading it.

This is actually Crystal Palace we're talking about here, isn't it ?

Feckin' snowflakes

I expect us to tear them a new feckin' ringpiece, FFS

This is actually Crystal Palace we're talking about here, isn't it ?

Feckin' snowflakes

I expect us to tear them a new feckin' ringpiece, FFS
Exactly. Just because Puel got outwitted by Hodgson on four occasions, doesn’t mean we will this time.

We’ll get a result of some sort there for sure.

we used to beat Palace more often than not a season and a half of poor form shouldn't overlook that just have Soyuncu snap Zaha in 2 on the half way line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757