Poker Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

Played today, since 6.30.

Went down to 5 players on my table you win for being in the top 4.

Went All in with pocket rockets (two aces) some w*nker called me with Q 7 they werent even suited :mad:

Flop: was something like 10 Q 4
Turn: was J
River: Q

I would still be there, chip leader but some idiot who was crap called with Q 7 pocket Aces lose how annoying!! :098:

I would still be there, chip leader but some idiot who was crap called with Q 7 pocket Aces lose how annoying!! :098:
You lost to some idiot who was crap :102: Only an idiot who's crapper would lose to an idiot that's crap surely :102:

is there any way of setting up a talkingballs poker championship some time. i think theres enough people on here to have a good tourney. just won a couple of quid on party poker.

brilliant, do you know if the software would support real money games?

:icon_cool
Played today, since 6.30.

Went down to 5 players on my table you win for being in the top 4.

Went All in with pocket rockets (two aces) some w*nker called me with Q 7 they werent even suited :mad:

Flop: was something like 10 Q 4
Turn: was J
River: Q

You wont get anywhere in poker thinking like that Jessel.

You cant control the outcome of any single hand but you can control winning in the medium to long run and making a steady profit.

You have AA and pushed all in pre flop, you have not said what your position was at the table or your opponents, from reading what you have put i assume the guy with Q7 was in the big blind, how much more was it for him to call your all in? Depending on your stack size (and his) it might very well have been the correct call from your opponent as the odds may have been very attractive so try not to label him a w*anker.(he does not know you have AA :icon_wink )

Anyway it turns out you are an 82% favourite to win the hand, or put it another way your going to win this hand 4 out 5 times and on this occasion you got unlucky. If you keep getting your chips in the middle with this type of advantage it is only physically possible that you will win in the medium to long run.

I you are serious about playing it is worth investing in poker tracker that analizes you play constantly, tells you what hands and from what positions you are making a profit and and where there are leaks in your game.

Do you play tourneys exclusivly or ring games too?(cash tables)

I have made almost £9000 from poker in the last 3 years so if you would like some more tips or interested in playing in some live games around leicester PM me.

You cant control the outcome of any single hand but you can control winning in the medium to long run and making a steady profit.

You have AA and pushed all in pre flop, you have not said what your position was at the table or your opponents, from reading what you have put i assume the guy with Q7 was in the big blind, how much more was it for him to call your all in? Depending on your stack size (and his) it might very well have been the correct call from your opponent as the odds may have been very attractive so try not to label him a w*anker.(he does not know you have AA :icon_wink )

Anyway it turns out you are an 82% favourite to win the hand, or put it another way your going to win this hand 4 out 5 times and on this occasion you got unlucky. If you keep getting your chips in the middle with this type of advantage it is only physically possible that you will win in the medium to long run.

I you are serious about playing it is worth investing in poker tracker that analizes you play constantly, tells you what hands and from what positions you are making a profit and and where there are leaks in your game.

I have made almost £9000 from poker in the last 3 years so if you would like some more tips or interested in playing in some live games around leicester PM me.

I knocked somebody out a couple of months back who had pocket rockets. He went all in and it was only 1000 or so more chips to call him (about 1/10 of my chips overall). I decided to call him just for a laugh and won. What made it even better was that I had 7 2 OFF :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

You lost to some idiot who was crap :102: Only an idiot who's crapper would lose to an idiot that's crap surely :102:

thats just what I was thinking....... must remember to play crap next time

do you not know much about the game Q 7 off suit is a crap hand i was frustrated i was knocked out last night with pocket rocket, (also was a little pissed :icon_roll )

Its a tournament, a 10 week season you get points and if you are top of the league you could play in a national tournament.

thanks m8 ill pm you

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58