Police get smarter every day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Hotel girl 'may have been pushed'

Spanish police investigating the case of a British girl who fell from her hotel balcony in Majorca believe the seven-year-old may have been pushed.

Gianna Cooper fell 30ft (10m) from the balcony on the Spanish island on Monday and is in a coma in intensive care.

Her mother Sara Cooper, 45, of Foxton, Cambridgeshire, was found dead in a cave on the island on Wednesday.

A Majorca police spokesman said they could not rule out the possibility that both acts may have been criminal.

A police spokeswoman said: "We are considering two possibilities; that she (Gianna) fell by accident or that someone pushed her.

"These are the only two possibilities at the moment.

"The girl is currently in a coma. Police cannot speak to her until she is better but I imagine the police will want to see if she remembers anything.

"We must take a lot of care and wait until she is better. There is also the possibility that she won't remember anything."

A post mortem examination was carried out on Mrs Cooper's body this morning. However, police refused to disclose the cause of her death.

Police have said they have several leads in the investigation but cannot release any further information unless they are authorised to do so by an investigating judge.

The former childminder's body was recovered in Cala Domingos, 165 yards (150m) from the Hotel Samoa, in Calas de Majorca, where her daughter had fallen.

Mrs Cooper, her husband and three of their children had been staying at the hotel on a half-term break when the incident happened.

By the time an ambulance had arrived at the scene of Gianna's fall Mrs Cooper had disappeared.

Police are awaiting results of an autopsy on Sara Cooper's body.

Gianna's father Ian Cooper said: "I can confirm the terrible news that the body of my dear wife, Sara, was found yesterday by the police.

"This is devastating news for me and my family and I would be grateful to the media if they could respect my family's privacy in order for us to concentrate on the recovery of my daughter who continues to make good progress and the wellbeing of my three sons."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/7061795.stm

They're trying to knock the McCanns off the front page of the Express.....

Puts all the Leicester manager bollocks in perspective eh?
I'm no expert but my first impression, and IMHO, the mother seems to have been involved in the daughter falling and in a panic it's possible has topped herself.
Of course there was probably a grassy knoll nearby, or photographers on motorbikes and I'm wide of the mark.

They're trying to knock the McCanns off the front page of the Express.....

They've got a hot new story waiting, apparently

Something about a car crash in Paris, or something

apparently the little girls mother has left a suicide note......it goes on to say 'she was in the hotel room listening to some Eric Clapton, when.......

apparently the little girls mother has left a suicide note......it goes on to say 'she was in the hotel room listening to some Eric Clapton, when.......
Ouch :icon_lol:

very harsh :icon_conf:icon_wink:icon_lol:
You laugh at a joke about a child falling to it's death, then you take the moral high ground in the thread about the children dying on the motorway?

You're a hypocrite Nathan.

You laugh at a joke about a child falling to it's death, then you take the moral high ground in the thread about the children dying on the motorway?

You're a hypocrite Nathan.

From the BBC....

Her daughter Gianna, seven, remains in a coma after falling 30ft (10m) at the nearby hotel where they were staying with Gianna's father and brothers.

Don't write her off yet.:018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58