portsmouth chasing thatcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
perthfox said:
just heard here in oz that harry is after ben thatcher,have you heard anything there in leicester

No news, Pompey have been linked with Walker though.

To everyone who said that we were not good enough to stay in the PL, this possible link is yet another nail in that particular coffin. PL managers would disagree :!:

There are players that went to other PL clubs during the season and many at the end of the season are being linked or will/have leave/left.

To me this raises many questions about how good a side were we, how well we were managed and why didn't we stay in the PL when clearly we have/had the players :?: :shock: :shock: :? :?

To say that it doesn't matter now as it is moot, is true to some extent but is not the whole answer. I do not want to see the same signing mistakes (in terms of players and contracts) Bassett as last season, and I do not want to see the same on field shambles as last season MA. :x :x :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Steven said:
To everyone who said that we were not good enough to stay in the PL, this possible link is yet another nail in that particular coffin. PL managers would disagree :!:

There are players that went to other PL clubs during the season and many at the end of the season are being linked or will/have leave/left.

To me this raises many questions about how good a side were we, how well we were managed and why didn't we stay in the PL when clearly we have/had the players :?: :shock: :shock: :? :?

To say that it doesn't matter now as it is moot, is true to some extent but is not the whole answer. I do not want to see the same signing mistakes (in terms of players and contracts) Bassett as last season, and I do not want to see the same on field shambles as last season MA. :x :x :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Good point, but I disagree. I think other clubs are just clutching at straws and signing piss poor players off us because they are lazy and scared to pay money for players. The current state of football in England on and off the pitch is shocking, the transfer market is nothing short of a pissed up mess. Roll back a fair few years and you would be horrified to see how it has changed. Players were being bought for £500k over twenty years ago, we can't even afford twenty quid, shocking.

I hope thatcher doesn't go. He hasn't got a get out clause has he?

LS6_Fox said:
Malf said:
Pathetic, we paid £300k for him!

I thought we only paid that if we stayed up? I may be completely wrong!

I think i'm wrong and your right, but never the less £100k is shocking for a player of Thatcher ability. I bet Adams would let Walker go for f*ck all too.

Thatcher

Is it a fact that he has a get out clause or speculation. I havent seen any official statements as weve heard about Dickov and Scimerca
Benny is a must for next season!!!!!!!!

This is getting way beyond a fecking joke :!: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: Has every fecking player got a "get out clause" for 2/6d. How has Leicester City Football Club ended up in this position :?: :shock: :shock: :? :? :(

Did Micky have an argument with Santa when he was young?

He seems to be keen on saying "GET OUT!, CLAUSE!"

Steven said:

Get a grip mate, 3 of our players (Muzzy, Dickov & Scimeca) have gone to Premiership clubs. Dickov will be 3rd choice striker at best at mid-bottom table Blackburn, and Scimeca will be playing for a team which is 100% certain to be relegated, great.

Hardly showing that we 'clearly had the players' to stay up.

Tom W said:
Steven said:

Get a grip mate, 3 of our players (Muzzy, Dickov & Scimeca) have gone to Premiership clubs. Dickov will be 3rd choice striker at best at mid-bottom table Blackburn, and Scimeca will be playing for a team which is 100% certain to be relegated, great.

If I accept your argument (and I don't) why did we sign them. :shock: :roll: :?

Tom W said:
Steven said:

Add Thatcher, Bent and Walker to that aswell and the picture egst a little more clearer.

Seafood Stare

Steven said:
Tom W said:
Steven said:

If I accept your argument (and I don't) why did we sign them. :shock: :roll: :?

er, cause we are the most unfashionable team in the Premiership and had a transfer budget of £0? Who the hell did you want us to sign?

Malf said:
Tom W said:
Steven said:

Add Thatcher, Bent and Walker to that aswell and the picture egst a little more clearer.

Seafood Stare

That would be six of our best players gone. All to PL. My original point still stands.

Steven said:
Malf said:
Tom W said:
Steven said:

Seafood Stare

That would be six of our best players gone. All to PL. My original point still stands.

I agree, we had a good enough team.

If 6 of our players have gone to PL teams then surely that means we have 6/11 th's of a good enough team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757