Post Brexit overseas player rules agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this means that there will be fewer shitty players coming to play in England just because they can earn more than elsewhere, I'm all for it.

We've long ago left behind the notion of going overseas for better quality. Now it is purely about getting cheaper labour.

If you are prepared to pay millions for a player from abroad, it will be fine. Just like it always has been. If you want to either poach kids from overseas (awful practice that we've now started alongside many other PL sides) or just get in cheaper options (which many FL clubs now do) you'll no longer be able to. Good.

We'll get around it by recruiting loads of 16-18 year olds and sending them to OHL for a couple of years. That shouldn't be allowed either.

People can use the example of Mahrez but it's not as though we do that sort of thing routinely is it? When was the last time we signed an unknown from abroad that turned into a decent investment? The only one I can think of since Mahrez is Iversen and he's been at the club for five years and still hasn't played a match for us.

We didn't do too bad from that midfield fella that helped us win the league.

Get your point though that I don't think it will have much of an effect on us.

Sporting Club Wolves may struggle a bit more.

We didn't do too bad from that midfield fella that helped us win the league.

Get your point though that I don't think it will have much of an effect on us.

Sporting Club Wolves may struggle a bit more.

Kante doesn't count as we paid over £5m for him. There is no way that wouldn't be waved through. The deals that won't happen are the free transfers and nominal fees for utter shite.

How exactly will this work?

Just like we did with Hirst. OHL sign the player, he plays there for a bit and then we sign him when he's good enough and/or we can get the signing approved.

Why do you think that KP bought OHL in the first place?

I am not sure that the regulations cover an English player returning from Europe. He would automatically have the right to work in the UK. Owning OHL will make no difference to our acquisition policy unless OHL qualify for European football next season, which is not beyond possibility.

Just like we did with Hirst. OHL sign the player, he plays there for a bit and then we sign him when he's good enough and/or we can get the signing approved.

Why do you think that KP bought OHL in the first place?
Right, I see what you mean. Years ago Manchester United had a Belgian affiliate in Royal Antwerp. It could be argued that the main reason was to get around work permit requirements — at the time players only needed to spend three years there to get EU citizenship.

I am not sure that the regulations cover an English player returning from Europe. He would automatically have the right to work in the UK. Owning OHL will make no difference to our acquisition policy unless OHL qualify for European football next season, which is not beyond possibility.
Foreign clubs don’t have to pay the same compensation to English clubs for out of contract players under 24.

Kante doesn't count as we paid over £5m for him. There is no way that wouldn't be waved through. The deals that won't happen are the free transfers and nominal fees for utter shite.
But he was an unknown we signed from abroad that turned into a decent investment.

Shame we will no longer get PL legends like Ali Dia and Marco Boogers though.

Belgian clubs can sign players from wherever they want to, but that has zero impact on our ability to sign them.
No but Leuven can sign some unknown player from a 3rd division somewhere, that said player can make a name for themselves get international recognition and be granted a work permit to sign for Leicester

No but Leuven can sign some unknown player from a 3rd division somewhere, that said player can make a name for themselves get international recognition and be granted a work permit to sign for Leicester
In which case, the system works as intended, no?

we can still use OHL to park youngsters, so long as they stay in the top Belgian league they are in one of the elite leagues mentioned meaning players signed from there have an increased chance of getting a work permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263