Post counts - oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just doing some maintenance on the forum and I accidentally rebuilt all the post count stats.

This means that any posts that people made that have now been deleted won't be counted in the total.

We have around 2½ years of posts currently in the forum, any posts made before then won't be counted in the stats.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: HF overtakes Joe in 80 posts :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Time to stop now HF!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: HF overtakes Joe in 80 posts :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Time to stop now HF!
Aha, pure quality. Joe's gonna be seriously pissed :icon_lol: :081:

Noooooo Joe_Fox will be back with a vengance until he is top poster again!! :icon_lol:

In the great scheme of things does it matter,just means we will have to sit through more of those fecking 'Congratulations on you 2567th Post' Threads:icon_roll
I care not whether I have 20 or 200000 posts.

The only chance would be if I restored the previous backup. But if I did that we'd lose all posts from the week or so since the backup.

and that would be a national fecking tragedy :icon_roll ..bacon

Just doing some maintenance on the forum and I accidentally rebuilt all the post count stats.

This means that any posts that people made that have now been deleted won't be counted in the total.

We have around 2½ years of posts currently in the forum, any posts made before then won't be counted in the stats.

Was this just a general mistake or can you only keep posts on the forum for a certain length of time:102:

Was this just a general mistake or can you only keep posts on the forum for a certain length of time:102:

I didn't delete any posts yesterday, it's nothing to do with length of time.

I deleted a load of old posts around 18 months ago, to make it easier for me to move the site. But when I did that the post counts stayed the same. I haven't mass deleted posts since then.

But yesterday I needed to recalculate the threads / posts stats for the forum, after moving a load of posts from the games forum to the new entertainment forum. By mistake I clicked on the link to recalculate the user posts stats, instead of the forum stats. So the user stats were recalculated using only posts currently in the database.

I say you wipe everything and we all start back on 0 :icon_bigg

Is it still going to be wiped?? The post counts are still counting as far as i can see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566