Posts Per Page

How many posts would you like to see on each page?

Votes: 3 7.1%

Votes: 13 31.0%

Votes: 2 4.8%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 6 14.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
As it's no longer possible for people to choose how many posts they see per page, I'd like to know how many people would like to see. Hopefully i can then set it to a number most people are happy with.

The default for the last few years has been 20 posts per page, so that's what most people would have seen. A very small number of people had a custom setting.

It's currently set to 30 per page.

Based on these results it looks like there's nothing I can set it to that will keep everyone happy.

The biggest vote is for 100, but more people would like 10 or 20.

I'd be reluctant to set it as high as 100 for everyone, because that could cause problems for people on their phones looking at some of the threads with lots of photos in. It could use a lot of data, and take ages to load if you don't have a fast connection.

I have found a new add-on that will allow people to select their own number of posts per page, but it's not free like the old version, it's $35, which is around £27. I also need to buy a couple of cheaper add-ons, that allow people to ignore certain threads or part of the forum, and the one that allows you to disable the swear filter.
A lot of the stuff developers released for free on the old version now costs money, but I had to make the upgrade because support is being phased out for the old version,

Maybe we could raise enough to pay for these if people are willing to donate a few pounds. I've already received a couple of donations (thanks!), so we're well on the way.
If you're feeling generous the place to go is paypal.me/jefff66

No problem Jeff I will put a few quid in later.

Thank you.

This is as bad as Brexit - the majority voted for 100.

100 means 100.

I'm starting a petition for another vote.

the majority voted for 100.

No. Only 31% of voters did. And the majority couldn't even be bothered to vote.
Democracy is crap.

I'm starting a petition for another vote.

It's too early for that. If you wait for two years and I've totally ****ed up doing what the people voted for and we're nowhere near a solution, you might have a point.

Fortunately due to the generous donations of members I've been able to buy not only the posts per page add-on, and will have enough money for the others I need to buy. So thanks to those of you who donated.
I'll be installing it tonight.

Last edited:
Haha very good Jeff!!

And thanks for the hard work that goes in to the forum.

Did anybody ever get around to writing another version of vbookie?

That add-on is for Xenforo 1.5. This site is running Xenforo 2.1.
Add-ons for the older version don't work on the new version.

But he is developing one for this version.

So now the question is, is it worth spending $60 (around £50) on it?

People had pretty much lost interest in it when we last used vBookie 6 years ago.

Seven years ago one of the main bookies went back to work after lazing around at home for several years.

You might be right though.

You can now change the number of posts (and threads) per page.

You can set this to any number between 10 and 100.

You can do this at https://talkingballs.uk/account/preferences

The default has been reset to 20 per page.

IMPORTANT
If you want to link to a specific post on the site, please don't use the url in your browser's address bar, as it won't take people to the right place unless they have the same posts per page setting as you.
Instead, please click on the share icon (14611) above the post you want to link to, and use the url that appears there.

I don’t have paypal, how can I contribute please?

I can send you my bank details.

People have donated more than enough to pay for what's needed at the moment, so any extra can go towards the forum software license renewal (due next month), or new add-ons, if I find any that will add something to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757