Pre-season 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The first two fixtures of Leicester City’s pre-season schedule have now been confirmed, with the Foxes set to travel to Burton Albion and Wycombe Wanderers ahead of the 2021/22 Premier League season.

City will travel to the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday 24 July (3pm kick-off) to face the Brewers before taking on Gareth Ainsworth’s side at Adams Park on Wednesday 28 July (7:30pm kick-off).

Managed by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Burton finished 16th in League One last term and enjoyed an upturn in fortunes following the Dutchman’s appointment midway through the season.

Wycombe, meanwhile, were narrowly relegated from the Championship on the final day of the 2020/21 campaign following promotion to the second tier for the first time in their history the previous year.

Coverage details for LCFC TV and LCFC Radio will be confirmed in due course.

Confirmed Pre-Season Schedule:

Burton Albion vs. LEICESTER CITY
Pirelli Stadium
Saturday 24 July (3pm BST kick-off)

Wycombe Wanderers vs. LEICESTER CITY
Adams Park
Wednesday 28 July (7:30pm kick-off)

I much prefer this kind of pre-season to things like playing Barcelona in Somalia and Spurs in Abu Dhabi.
Are we planning on playing Quorn?

Yep, I hope we avoid all ****ing about playing anyone overseas.

Austria and a load of English teams please.

Surely you’d much prefer a meaningless, exhausting tournament on the other side of the world that none of us can get to?

Surely you’d much prefer a meaningless, exhausting tournament on the other side of the world that none of us can get to?
Premier League 2025

I much prefer this kind of pre-season to things like playing Barcelona in Somalia and Spurs in Abu Dhabi.
Are we planning on playing Quorn?
Me too. It’s understated. It’s real. It’s like Rocky training in the Soviet Union to fight Drago.

Leicester City will continue their pre-season preparations with a trip to face Queens Park Rangers on Saturday 31 July, 2021 (3pm kick-off).

Brendan Rodgers will take his side to Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium for a test against Mark Warburton’s men, who finished ninth in the Championship last term.

City’s pre-season schedule is starting to take shape, with the Club having already announced fixtures away to Burton Albion and Wycombe Wanderers.

Information on spectator numbers and ticket allocations will be confirmed on LCFC.com in due course.

It’s a crust win but I’m confident we’ll ciabatter them, it would be a pita if we lost but I’ll try not to peshworry about that. We’ll have to wheat and see if there’s any debuts or at yeast some squad rotiation.

Just got my Burton Albion tickets. On sale now on-line - all our pre-season games to season ticket holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757