Pre Season Fixtures

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
That is an excellent point. When do we ever play two preseason friendlies on the same day ?!
28th July 1997, we not only played two on the same days; they were in different countries against teams with the same initial letter. Olympiakos and Oadby, both away. And before you say, ah but Oadby was a reserve màtch, I have to tell you that Steve Claridge didn't like flying but he did manage the drive down to Oadby.

It's also happened much more recently when we played Rothley and somebody else; the first team squad by then being large enough to stretch across the two games.

FOX Franks

28th July 1997, we not only played two on the same days; they were in different countries against teams with the same initial letter. Olympiakos and Oadby, both away. And before you say, ah but Oadby was a reserve màtch, I have to tell you that Steve Claridge didn't like flying but he did manage the drive down to Oadby.

It's also happened much more recently when we played Rothley and somebody else; the first team squad by then being large enough to stretch across the two games.
1655976116671.png

But seriously thanks :)

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
That is an excellent point. When do we ever play two preseason friendlies on the same day ?!
A few years back we played Loughborough Dynamo and Tamworth on the same day. I was at both thanks to a lift from a TBer. 2009 I think? A couple of years before that we played Oadby Town and Quorn on the same day.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Leeds Utd00