Pre Season Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an excellent point. When do we ever play two preseason friendlies on the same day ?!
28th July 1997, we not only played two on the same days; they were in different countries against teams with the same initial letter. Olympiakos and Oadby, both away. And before you say, ah but Oadby was a reserve màtch, I have to tell you that Steve Claridge didn't like flying but he did manage the drive down to Oadby.

It's also happened much more recently when we played Rothley and somebody else; the first team squad by then being large enough to stretch across the two games.

28th July 1997, we not only played two on the same days; they were in different countries against teams with the same initial letter. Olympiakos and Oadby, both away. And before you say, ah but Oadby was a reserve màtch, I have to tell you that Steve Claridge didn't like flying but he did manage the drive down to Oadby.

It's also happened much more recently when we played Rothley and somebody else; the first team squad by then being large enough to stretch across the two games.
1655976116671.png

But seriously thanks :)

That is an excellent point. When do we ever play two preseason friendlies on the same day ?!
A few years back we played Loughborough Dynamo and Tamworth on the same day. I was at both thanks to a lift from a TBer. 2009 I think? A couple of years before that we played Oadby Town and Quorn on the same day.

Seems a bit odd that we allow the captain to bin off the preseason Evian trip which is supposed to be crucial for fitness, tactics and team bonding.

I fully appreciate that players need a break but someone who had a very mediocre season last year could probably do with putting the hours in. For example, how do you work on set piece defending without your keeper?

Seems a bit odd that we allow the captain to bin off the preseason Evian trip which is supposed to be crucial for fitness, tactics and team bonding.

I fully appreciate that players need a break but someone who had a very mediocre season last year could probably do with putting the hours in. For example, how do you work on set piece defending without your keeper?
Two No.1s mate.

Why do we need to work on set pieces? Brendog says we don't have any issues

There are a couple of notable absentees from pre-season so far. Ward and Bertrand.

Ward picked up a knee injury whilst playing for Wales in early June. Nothing heard about it or him since.

Bertrand has been injured since December and had an op on his knee back in February and BR said it was touch and go whether we'd see him again that season. I'm yet to see any images of him training with the rest of the squad so I assume something has gone wrong and he's still recovering.

Those two plus Schmeichel look like the main missing players in the pictures from Evian.

Looks like we've taken four keepers there - Iversen, Young, Stolarczyk and Odunze.

Defenders spotted - Justin, Ricardo, Nelson, Evans, Fofana, Castagne, Thomas, Soyuncu, Amartey. I couldn't see Bertrand or Vestergaard (although Vestergaard was back at Seagrave last week).

Midfielders - Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Mendy, Praet, Soumare, Braybrooke, Albrighton, Tielemans, Wright

Forwards - Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes, Maddison, Perez, Alves, Vardy

Other O21s who may not be there looked to be - Brunt, Hirst, Eppiah, Leshabela and Suengchitthawon.

There are a couple of notable absentees from pre-season so far. Ward and Bertrand.

Ward picked up a knee injury whilst playing for Wales in early June. Nothing heard about it or him since.

Bertrand has been injured since December and had an op on his knee back in February and BR said it was touch and go whether we'd see him again that season. I'm yet to see any images of him training with the rest of the squad so I assume something has gone wrong and he's still recovering.

Those two plus Schmeichel look like the main missing players in the pictures from Evian.

Looks like we've taken four keepers there - Iversen, Young, Stolarczyk and Odunze.

Defenders spotted - Justin, Ricardo, Nelson, Evans, Fofana, Castagne, Thomas, Soyuncu, Amartey. I couldn't see Bertrand or Vestergaard (although Vestergaard was back at Seagrave last week).

Midfielders - Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Mendy, Praet, Soumare, Braybrooke, Albrighton, Tielemans, Wright

Forwards - Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes, Maddison, Perez, Alves, Vardy

Other O21s who may not be there looked to be - Brunt, Hirst, Eppiah, Leshabela and Suengchitthawon.
Interesting addition of Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson. Great to see them included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263