Pre-season friendlies announced

Should LCFC play a friendly at Franchise FC?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole reason why this fixture has been arranged IS to chivvy us along into accepting that the MK Dons are here to stay (in the Vauxhall Coference by the way things are going).

And as for the true Wombles; are they still turning up in their thousands to watch the resurrected Wimbledon FC in whatever god forsaken league they're in?

And as for the true Wombles; are they still turning up in their thousands to watch the resurrected Wimbledon FC in whatever god forsaken league they're in?

They get about 3000/4000 going to their home games on average.

tuesday night in late July.
pre-season friendly.
is it really going to have any bearing at all?
i'll be in witherspoons (250 yards from the ground) and the first round is on me.
:lol:

Its the principle of it. FFC should not exist and City should not be seen to be encouraging them either.

We should play AFC Wimbledon instead!

StroppyFox said:
Its the principle of it. FFC should not exist and City should not be seen to be encouraging them either.

We should play AFC Wimbledon instead!

Very good point indeed! That's a great idea! It would give them plenty of cash and show that LCFC have morals.

BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED
BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED BOTHERED

We are you bothered? We are only playing a friendly against them, if your going to slag leicester off for playing them well slag all the division one teams off for playing them this season too. Dear me, probably the most pathetic thing i've ever heard.

The teams who played them in Divison 1 had to play them as they were in the same division as them. We are choosing to play them in a friendly, there's a huge difference.

The teams who played them who had supporters trusts all had campaigns conducted to ask their fans not to go to Milton Keynes.

The issue of the Wimbledon club being moved has stirred up a lot of feeling and other clubs such as Spurs and Charlton were sufficiently convinced by their fans that they cancelled their friendlys in the last pre-season.

We should do the same.

Pathetic, we live in a democratic world. They had no choice but to move and even if they didn't, you can't please everyone. It's nothing to do with other teams, it's to do with the club and their fans. At the end of the day they are a business and their fans are their market and target audience, Leicester and other clubs have no right to be poking their noses in. We are another business and have no right to boycott them, on what grounds?

Bollox

There's too much talk about how football is a business. I'm sick of it

What happened at Wimbledon was an absolute affront to everything that is good about football and everything that is held dear by a true football fan.

The fact that the whole of the footballing community in England has not revolted against it is a shameful episode.

The club was effectively sold off to another part of the country and moved lock stock and barrel away from where it belonged. Think of the precedent it sets. Would you be happy if Leicester City were moved to a new stadium in Essex, and the only choice you were left with was watching some cruddy non league side ? It's either that or watch Forest - no choice at all, really

Now our club sanctions the whole deal by turning up for a friendly. It doesn't matter if hardly anybody goes, or if doesn't make the headlines. We are supporting something that is wholly wrong and corrupt.

Now I was no fan of the "real" Wimbledon FC, but their poor fans have been shafted good and proper. And yes, you should be bothered.
Business wins again over football, and you can't be bothered ?

Hang your head in shame

Foxes Trust, this is the type of thing I want you to get involved in. Can we have some action, please ?

homer said:
Bollox

What happened at Wimbledon was an absolute affront to everything that is good about football and everything that is held dear by a true football fan.

The fact that the whole of the footballing community in England has not revolted against it is a shameful episode.

The club was effectively sold off to another part of the country and moved lock stock and barrel away from where it belonged. Think of the precedent it sets. Would you be happy if Leicester City were moved to a new stadium in Essex, and the only choice you were left with was watching some cruddy non league side ? It's either that or watch Forest - no choice at all, really

Now our club sanctions the whole deal by turning up for a friendly. It doesn't matter if hardly anybody goes, or if doesn't make the headlines. We are supporting something that is wholly wrong and corrupt.

Now I was no fan of the "real" Wimbledon FC, but their poor fans have been shafted good and proper. And yes, you should be bothered.

Hang your head in shame

Foxes Trust, this is the type of thing I want you to get involved in. Can we have some action, please ?

I'm sick and tired of all this shit. I'm a Leicester fan and my mind is well and truely focused on them, the world we live in is shit. There are many things that go on that astound me, but there's not alot I can do about or the nation or world coming together can do about it. Accept that shit happens otherwise you'll always look like your squeezing one out, so I will re-iterate it again BOTHERED

i had a dream that city were playing at home to borrusia dortmund, which could be an omen, but then again i was actually playing for city, upfront with benjamin :shock: :shock:

pds said:
i had a dream that city were playing at home to borrusia dortmund, which could be an omen, but then again i was actually playing for city, upfront with benjamin :shock: :shock:

Did you indulge in camembert last night?

homer said:
Bollox

Hang your head in shame

The Foxes Trust contacted the club as soon as it became aware of the fixture & has strongly recommended its cancellation & an alternative to be found.

The FT board is totally opposed to any action which gives Franchise FC any benefit. We had to discuss their situation due to an unrelated matter and agreed this policy.

The example you quote Homer is exactly our fear, if fans don't react then another club will set up miles away from its community. Other clubs have to work through many Leagues before getting to Division 1, probably taking a minimum of 10 years. MK have jumped straight into Division 1. If anybody thinks they are still Wimbledon then they shoudl talk to the loyal fans who now follow AFC Wimbledon which is where the club really lives on.

Every City fan should consider how would they have felt if the Consortium who took over the club had announced we were going to move to Milton Keynes, uproar, that's the reality at Wimbledon.

We will await the clubs response before deciding our next course of action.

For information other Trust's have been contact with us today asking what the hell our club thinks its doing. We really don't need to provide another reason for other clubs fans to have a go at us.

i dnt care who we play in pre-season freindlies. As long as the boys are getting first team action and a good challenge. It will be good to play them cos they've got some good youngsters who MA might be trying to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859