Pre-season friendlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last night's game, Rodgers was asked about why City were playing local teams rather than jetting off around the world like many other Premier League sides.

I think only three sides are staying at home for their entire preseason match schedule - us, Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Rodgers was gushing in praise for the owners. He said that a manager would always want this schedule but marketing/financial requirements now led to clubs going overseas for exhibition type games. He said the best preparation is at home and the owners said he could prepare the team however he wanted.

He also said that his view was that it was the responsibility of bigger clubs to come to smaller clubs in preseason as it helps their income. This is something that is generally reducing in the game.

If we look at the top six sides only, Arsenal and Liverpool are currently in the US, Chelsea are in Japan, and Man City, Spurs and Man Utd are in China, It must be an advantage that we were in Cambridge last night.

After last night's game, Rodgers was asked about why City were playing local teams rather than jetting off around the world like many other Premier League sides.

I think only three sides are staying at home for their entire preseason match schedule - us, Burnley and Sheff Utd.

Rodgers was gushing in praise for the owners. He said that a manager would always want this schedule but marketing/financial requirements now led to clubs going overseas for exhibition type games. He said the best preparation is at home and the owners said he could prepare the team however he wanted.

He also said that his view was that it was the responsibility of bigger clubs to come to smaller clubs in preseason as it helps their income. This is something that is generally reducing in the game.

If we look at the top six sides only, Arsenal and Liverpool are currently in the US, Chelsea are in Japan, and Man City, Spurs and Man Utd are in China, It must be an advantage that we were in Cambridge last night.

Not to mention the amount of top 6 players playing in the tournaments aboard this summer and that we won't be playing in europe. We really need to make the most of all this.

I love it.

Me too and the fact that our owners were at a pre-season friendly is awesome.

A glimmer of genuine joy and positive feeling from us in the age of wanky modern football bollocks.

I watched that game, Atletico were very good but Real were absolutely dire. If that's anything to go by, Zidane will be out of a job by Christmas.

The Mercury is saying that this game will no longer go ahead.
They played this game on Saturday instead between all those not in the First XI who played on Friday night. Interesting choice for captain for the Blues. Slimani no where to be seen.
FB_IMG_1564943616271.jpg

They played this game on Saturday instead between all those not in the First XI who played on Friday night. Interesting choice for captain for the Blues. Slimani no where to be seen.
View attachment 14881

Mustve been a weird game. One team had 10 and the other team had 8 (with Thomas as the only sub by the look of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757