Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

It's one month today until the start of the new Premier League season.

Does anyone know any detail about the club's pre-season plans?

Has the club announced when players will be back in training or any of our friendlies?

Obviously it's a bit different this year since fans won't be able to attend friendlies, and there will presumably no overseas training camp/pre-season tour, and presumably everyone will be playing against English opponents only, but would still be interested to know what the plans are.

The pre-season period seems like its going to be at least a couple of weeks shorter than normal. How will that impact players fitness over the season?

Also, does anyone know what’s going to happen with season tickets?

I think it'll be a long while before we have to think about that.

Has the club announced when players will be back in training or any of our friendlies?

Obviously it's a bit different this year since fans won't be able to attend friendlies, and there will presumably no overseas training camp/pre-season tour, and presumably everyone will be playing against English opponents only, but would still be interested to know what the plans are.

The pre-season period seems like its going to be at least a couple of weeks shorter than normal. How will that impact players fitness over the season?

Last season a lot of press reports put our good first half of the season down to having such a local pre-season. I think we were pretty much the only PL club to stay so local and supposedly that helped. It'll be interesting to see how we look this season when all clubs will have had effectively the same pre-season.

I don't think pre-season will have too much impact.

The fact we monumentally shit our pants and played an entire half of a season like a scared little team will be the unfortunate foundations we start upon.

Genuinely concerned for us actually. The short gap between that monstrosity of an ending and the start of a new season will just be like another Covid delay. Add to that the fact that we don't look like doing much business.

The fact we monumentally shit our pants and played an entire half of a season like a scared little team will be the unfortunate foundations we start upon.

Genuinely concerned for us actually. The short gap between that monstrosity of an ending and the start of a new season will just be like another Covid delay. Add to that the fact that we don't look like doing much business.

100% agreed, I'm terrified because of the momentum. Especially with a season like this, a clean break for pre-season is needed and a solid transfer window.

Next season Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, already look much stronger. So i expect the big six to be amongst one another with the depths of their squads.

If we don't add quality, we'll have awful momentum, a thin squad and Europe. It doesn't bode too well unless BR can a) be more tactically flexible overall b) develop some confidence and c) sign s bit of quality.

Exactly why I wanted rid of the manager as soon as the final whistle blew against Man Utd.

I think it's unlikely that season tickets go on sale at all for 2020/21.

My prediction:

When supporters are allowed back in the ground, anyone who had a season ticket last season can enter a ballot to buy tickets.

When (if?) the stadium is back up to full capacity, people who had a season ticket last season will be able to buy tickets for their usual seat, at a discounted price, if they buy in advance.

Members will have their membership extended by a year for free, or with a large discount.

I think it's unlikely that season tickets go on sale at all for 2020/21.

My prediction:

When supporters are allowed back in the ground, anyone who had a season ticket last season can enter a ballot to buy tickets.

When (if?) the stadium is back up to full capacity, people who had a season ticket last season will be able to buy tickets for their usual seat, at a discounted price, if they buy in advance.

Members will have their membership extended by a year for free, or with a large discount.

Looks like Germany have no plans to allow fans into grounds until the end of Oct at the earliest. As we were a few weeks behind Germany in getting football back on, I would imagine we're probably looking at late Nov before we'll be considering it - and even then, I suppose it'll depend on how kids going back to school affects the R number etc etc.

Personally, I'd be surprised if we can go to games in 2020.

No chance this year.

When winter kicks in it will be hell.

Good to see all this nice weather has brought some positivity all round....

Hopefully our players are not such defeatist wibblers.

Good to see all this nice weather has brought some positivity all round....

Hopefully our players are not such defeatist wibblers.
They're too busy getting pissed on super yachts and flying all over Europe to care.

Yea but they are, we already know this?
They just finished 5th in the league.

Whilst im sure they are disappointed not to have capitalised on the early season form, I'm equally sure that they will not be thinking that we will get relegated like you bunch of bed wetters.

They just finished 5th in the league.

Whilst im sure they are disappointed not to have capitalised on the early season form, I'm equally sure that they will not be thinking that we will get relegated like you bunch of bed wetters.

Never mentioned relegation, although we certainly aren't guaranteed anything.

I’m ‘genuinely concerned’ that we’ll see a repeat of the last ten games

Because they were absolutely ****ing awful

Why are you 'genuinely concerned for us' then?

So relegation is the only thing to be concerned about?

The form since Christmas is not to be taken seriously?

Whilst im sure they are disappointed not to have capitalised on the early season form
Disappointed not to have capitalised on the early season form?

I’d say they should be absolutely ****ing furious that they somehow managed to shit the bed and blow a 14 point lead with 14 games remaining, and finish 4 points off.

The comms from the club have been getting worse and worse for years now. As long as supporters get a beer every now and again, they don't appear to care about much else.

If you're not interested in their wanky social media style bollocks, you really have a hard time working out anything that the club is up to. They are completely silent most of the time.

Nobody in a position of authority ever speaks anything other than waffle. For example, we've taken out yet another loan against our TV income this week -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04593477/filing-history

We've spent the last couple of seasons taking out massive loans. Nobody asks the club why and the club sure as shit aren't speaking.

I'm much more concerned with this sort of thing than the preseason plans but the same principle applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4282
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Preston 4364