Prediction League: The future - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At time of writing we are part-way through the penultimate game of the regular season, so I think it's time to talk about what, if anything, happens next season. If it does carry on, my current thoughts are:

1. Fewer fixtures, no midweek games at all. Probable winter break.
2. If it retains its current format, condition of entry will be to make 20 standby picks, ten of which will be used when you don't turn up.
3. League members to vote on a small number of rule changes before the season starts.
4. Some restrictions on what can be picked.
5. I won't run it if only three people enter.

Of course, none of this is confirmed. Any arguments for/against any of the above please go for it.

Also, could one of you lovely mods sticky this please?
1 Ok
2 Ok
3 Ok
4 Ok depending on the restrictions
5 Ok

How about we do something like the pools and try and pick the draws?

Or, how about we do a bit of a fantasy type game where you pick a team's keeper, a team's defence and then six outfield players and take the score of goals let in vs goals scored. The Mercury ran this once and it was pretty good.

How about we do something like the pools and try and pick the draws?
This is going to turn into another 'system' isn't it?
Or, how about we do a bit of a fantasy type game where you pick a team's keeper, a team's defence and then six outfield players and take the score of goals let in vs goals scored. The Mercury ran this once and it was pretty good.
It's not for me, but I think something like that would be somewhat popular.

If you tell me what restrictions you were thinking of, I might go on :icon_wink

Maybe a limitation to only European Leagues, top three divisions (or top two if three is too much of a hassle for you).

If you tell me what restrictions you were thinking of, I might go on :icon_wink

Maybe a limitation to only European Leagues, top three divisions (or top two if three is too much of a hassle for you).
German third division is no problem for me in terms of logistics. As I found out this past weekend, Yemen and Malaysia aren't much of a problem either. I was thinking of Europe only, but that's certainly not set in stone - ultimately my ranking file will be as big as it needs to be and if everyone suddenly wants to pick teams from Pakistan then so be it. If I've got enough info I'll do it.

I was also thinking of shorter match days, perhaps eliminating Friday. That way I can set a hard deadline for submissions of 3pm Saturday.

The scoring system might need a tweak. I suspect it'll end up somewhere between the current rules and the ones trialled in the cup. I have an idea in mind but I'm going to test it first.

German third division is no problem for me in terms of logistics. As I found out this past weekend, Yemen and Malaysia aren't much of a problem either. I was thinking of Europe only, but that's certainly not set in stone - ultimately my ranking file will be as big as it needs to be and if everyone suddenly wants to pick teams from Pakistan then so be it. If I've got enough info I'll do it.

I was also thinking of shorter match days, perhaps eliminating Friday. That way I can set a hard deadline for submissions of 3pm Saturday.

The scoring system might need a tweak. I suspect it'll end up somewhere between the current rules and the ones trialled in the cup. I have an idea in mind but I'm going to test it first.
It all sounds reasonable and good.

Personally I'd prefer something along the line of what Boc did. I can't really say that I've enjoyed this new format ... Sorry BM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669