Prediction League - WEEK TWENTY - scores and tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
New man at the top of the Prem, but can BG hang on for just another 3 weeks? But what's happened to Alex? Leading the division by two points only three, he's now languishing in 8th position.

Whatever else happens in the Fizzy, Notts seems to hang onto that 6 point lead. YV and Gaz now need him to drop points; otherwise it seems that they will be fighting each other for the consolation spot. The rest trail.

Down in the Chumps, the Stockholm drift continues; on top since Week Three, his lead is now down to a single point and he's going to have to keep his eye on the ball to prevent being pipped at the post.

There's a four-way tie for this week's "Hard Luck Son Award". camberwell, Bilborough, jb5k and Motown will be delighted with their 20+ point hauls, but more than a little disappointed that their opponents matched them in each case. There was no similar argument though about the destination of the "You Lucky Bugger" badge; with an absentee opponent, Doug only posted his single point in the very last game on the coupon!

p20.JPG
p20tab.JPG

f20.JPG
f20tab.JPG

Last edited:

c20.JPG
c20tab.JPG

New man at the top of the Prem, but can BG hang on for just another 3 weeks? But what's happened to Alex? Leading the division by two points only three, he's now languishing in 8th position.

Whatever else happens in the Fizzy, Notts seems to hang onto that 6 point lead. YV and Gaz now need him to drop points; otherwise it seems that they will be fighting each other for the consolation spot. The rest trail.

Down in the Chumps, the Stockholm drift continues; on top since Week Three, his lead is now down to a single point and he's going to have to keep his eye on the ball to prevent being pipped at the post.

There's a four-way tie for this week's "Hard Luck Son Award". camberwell, Bilborough, jb5k and Motown will be delighted with their 20+ point hauls, but more than a little disappointed that their opponents matched them in each case. There was no similar argument though about the destination of the "You Lucky Bugger" badge; with an absentee opponent, Doug only posted his single point in the very last game on the coupon!

Good work as ever Boc,

How many get relegated?

I am a little worried!

:038::038::038: Thatll do nicely. Looks like Stockholm is back in catching distance for the promotion places or even the title as well

Last edited:
Opps. Another slip for me this week, but still, I'll settle for mid table.

Well done Boc :038:

If I read that right (proposed 4 x 16) that'll mean possibly 16 teams being relegated from the Fizzy League.

Gulp :icon_eek:

You worry too much. I'm only mulling things over at the moment. My main consideration is to get rid of the 'absentee opponent' games. And I also think a shorter season would be more attractive, hence the reason for feeling smaller leagues would be better - they will allow for 3 seasons, rather than 3 more lengthy ones.

I've been sad to see so many teams not contribute at all this season. As much as it's good to get a few 'free' points, I think it must have also been frustrating for people who have not had an opponent - and possibly even more frustrating for people who see their rivals picking up 'free points'. I think it's time to try to change that. There have been 7 teams who have hardly played a game between them this season and I am aware of one other team that will be unable to play next season. This will bring us down to 64 teams - an ideal number for 4 divisions of 16. :icon_wink

There may well be a few more teams who will want to join in when they know they will be predicting the results of teams that they know a little more about - we also need to take this into consideration.

I think the thing to do at the moment though is to concentrate on these last three games of this season and then we can consider what is going to happen next. I would encourage people to keep their thoughts until then, on my promise that there will be a thread after the end of the season where people can put forward any suggestions.

Finally, to answer your point, my current cunning plan if we do go to 4x16 will see 14 of the present 21 Fizzy League competitors in next year's Fizzy League, so you can stop your thoughts of 16 of them being relegated - and that's my last word on the subject until the end of the season.

Hmmm, if the divisions will be split into 4 to be made smaller. Does that mean the team promoted from the Chumps will be in the 2nd or 3rd division next season? Im guessing 2nd, but i was unsure as to whether youd split half the Prem down and the promoted Fizzys up for the 2nd division, and then do the same in the 3rd division, and then leave all but the 2 promoted teams in the 4th division, but as youre trying to make the divisions down to 16, i wasnt sure

Last edited:
Profondo counting his chickens :icon_wink

Profondo counting his chickens :icon_wink

:icon_lol: I was 2 pts ahead about 3 weeks a go then lost 2 in a row and fell down to 5th. But they say you shouldnt live in the past, so im as good as up ;)

Last edited:
Bet it's not :icon_wink

silence.jpg

Made me think that this was the only way she could stop being Boc's dick warmer.

a win at last:038:

i fear it maybe to late to keep my premier status in the new, although yet to be decided formatt

great work as usual Boc:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69