Premier League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It genuinely passed me by until now, but I notice that Totteringham blew yet another chance of a trophy the other night.

When will the Pochettino excusers and deniers finally realise that he's a gutless choker of a manager? It would be a shocking call for Man Utd to get him in the summer.

10 years as a manager and he's done/won feck all. What qualifies him for a top job?

His drivel is only marginally less embarrassing than that spouted by Hoddle. For example:

“I believe in energía universal. It is connected. Nothing happens for causality. It is always a consequence [of something else]. Maybe, it is one of the reasons that Harry always scores in derbies. I believe in that energy. For me, it exists.”

He's a nutjob and a loser,

That's a bit bizarre. Has he significantly improved Spurs? Did he significantly improve Southampton? The answer to both is quite clearly yes. Considering their budget and the stadium issue he's done well to keep them in the title conversation, when they ought to be wrestling with Arsenal for fifth place. I'm not a Puel Outer, but seriously who wouldn't take Pocc at a shot?

It genuinely passed me by until now, but I notice that Totteringham blew yet another chance of a trophy the other night.

When will the Pochettino excusers and deniers finally realise that he's a gutless choker of a manager? It would be a shocking call for Man Utd to get him in the summer.

10 years as a manager and he's done/won feck all. What qualifies him for a top job?

His drivel is only marginally less embarrassing than that spouted by Hoddle. For example:

“I believe in energía universal. It is connected. Nothing happens for causality. It is always a consequence [of something else]. Maybe, it is one of the reasons that Harry always scores in derbies. I believe in that energy. For me, it exists.”

I actually agree with this.

He constantly downplays every chance they have.

I've been saying he's a perfect match for Spurs for ages.

That's a bit bizarre. Has he significantly improved Spurs? Did he significantly improve Southampton? The answer to both is quite clearly yes. Considering their budget and the stadium issue he's done well to keep them in the title conversation, when they ought to be wrestling with Arsenal for fifth place. I'm not a Puel Outer, but seriously who wouldn't take Pocc at a shot?

He was fortunate to inherit a very good group of players at both clubs. I don't see his achieved league positions as anything over and above what the group of players at his disposal should have done. He's been lucky to manage Spurs at a time when competitors like Man Utd and Arsenal have been well below their normal standard. Liverpool have only become a major challenger over the last year or so. Spurs filled in. They lucked out with Kane. He's the difference between them being an also ran team and a top four team. Also, they lucked out with Alli and his signing was nothing to do with Pochettino.

He has spent over £350m on 41 players as a manager and only about 6 of these can be claimed as complete successes. He's bought total duds over and over again. It is widely ignored how many of the players he has bought at Spurs are terrible signings - Yedlin, Stambouli, Wimmer, Fazio, N'Koudou, N'Jie, Janssen, etc.

There is a mythology over players and managers at times and this guy is great example. He's not in the same class as someone like Simeone who is also being talked about for Man Utd in the summer.

He was fortunate to inherit a very good group of players at both clubs. I don't see his achieved league positions as anything over and above what the group of players at his disposal should have done. He's been lucky to manage Spurs at a time when competitors like Man Utd and Arsenal have been well below their normal standard. Liverpool have only become a major challenger over the last year or so. Spurs filled in. They lucked out with Kane. He's the difference between them being an also ran team and a top four team. Also, they lucked out with Alli and his signing was nothing to do with Pochettino.

He has spent over £350m on 41 players as a manager and only about 6 of these can be claimed as complete successes. He's bought total duds over and over again. It is widely ignored how many of the players he has bought at Spurs are terrible signings - Yedlin, Stambouli, Wimmer, Fazio, N'Koudou, N'Jie, Janssen, etc.

There is a mythology over players and managers at times and this guy is great example. He's not in the same class as someone like Simeone who is also being talked about for Man Utd in the summer.
Regardless of who I supported I'd be absolutely delighted if I read Simeone was going to be appointed to manage my team. But all you'll get from Yanited fans is a load of whinging that he's too defensive & doesn't play in the "Yanited way" They're headed down the deluded & entitled path that Liverpool have been treading for the past 30 years. Good.

Looking like bombing out of the other cup at Palace at the minute too. Obviously because I've posted this they'll now come back in the 2nd half. But at this minute he's proving you right. I actually do completely agree btw. Too many people buy into the received wisdom of the punditocracy.

Mr. Choke strikes again.

Over working his players, injuries mounting up, looking like he's lost control. Same as every other season.

Danny Murphy just said he's done wonders there and is an amazing coach

He just got the selection a bit wrong today - still challenging in the league and still got an outstanding chance in the Champions League

What a complete tosser :043:

Mr. Choke strikes again.

Over working his players, injuries mounting up, looking like he's lost control. Same as every other season.

I listened to talkshite the other week....sick of brexit chat elsewhere. That Durham prick hit the nail on the head with spuds injuries. Players get overworked but he sticks to the same ones. They can be 5 up against someone and he'll leave Kane on for 90 or bring him on for the last 20 against a lower league side when there's no need....then he gets injured again.

He’s gone all Arsene Wenger about the importance of the top 4 now

So winning things is actually a negative thing now?

"Again we're going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don't agree with it. It only builds your ego.."

Yeah, right, mate..

The real trophy nowadays is seeing how many Americans you can convince to pay to watch you on telly and squeeze their carcasses into a £70 replica shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757