Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s moved over here now ( Norway) and has occasionally been used as a TV pundit commenting on the Norwegian League. He’s also been refereeing games at lower level over here. There has been talk about him refereeing top level games, but it remains to be seen if that happens.

What is the world coming to?

The poor guy. Everyone ****s up and says or does inappropriate things sometimes. We're all flawed ****s.

The background to this must have been explained to his employers and they just ignored it out of fear I suppose. Gutless wankers.

And as for his so-called friend that screwed his career and life up. What a total scumbag. I hope he gets slaughtered for something in his life sometime.

And as for his so-called friend that screwed his career and life up. What a total scumbag. I hope he gets slaughtered for something in his life sometime.
Maybe I interpreted it wrongly, but it sounded like it might have been his ex wife.

More good news potentially today, with Man Utd currently 2 down at Arsenal. Results have gone pretty favourably for us so far today.

To put into context just how shit the likes of Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal are, on this day last year, at the height of Puel-ball, we had 31 points from 21 games. That's exactly what Man Utd have right now and is better than Spurs or Arsenal have. Under Puel, we'd have been 5th!

So, one way to look at it is that Maguire is at the same level as he was last season. Actually, the Puel defence was slightly better than Man Utd's but you get the point. That's probably his level.

Chelsea are also well below the standard they set last season. They have 8 fewer points than the same stage in 2019. Their tragectory is downwards after the 'Lampard bounce' has given way to a realisation that he's actually just someone who used to play for them inexplicably given the managers job. Just like at Arsenal and Man Utd.

So when you watch that dour load of old nonsense this evening between Arsenal and Man Utd, think of it as Shakespeare Leicester vs Puel Leicester and you get why it was garbage.

I remain utterly, utterly, staggered by how badly mis-managed so many Premier League side are currently. It's almost as though they're deliberately waving us through to the Champions League.

...I remain utterly, utterly, staggered by how badly mis-managed so many Premier League side are currently. It's almost as though they're deliberately waving us through to the Champions League.

Liverpool obviously are much better than everyone else in the league but the other members of the so called "Big Six" (Man City excepted) have been dire this season, even worse than they were in 2015-2016. I bet at the end of the season and in years to come no one will be saying they got lucky.

Liverpool obviously are much better than everyone else in the league but the other members of the so called "Big Six" (Man City excepted) have been dire this season, even worse than they were in 2015-2016. I bet at the end of the season and in years to come no one will be saying they got lucky.

They’ll have a proper club behind them in second. More than we did.

I can't work out how we lost at Old Trafford to that pile of shite. They really are just mid table rubbish.

Actually I can work it out...it's because we played against them as if they were still hot shit. Same as we did against the Scouse & Citeh. If we play like that again I'm going to be seriously ****ed off.

When both Manc clubs come here I expect us to play like a ****ing top four side.With confidence in our abilities.

Especially against Utd. ****ing remember that it's US that are the CL challengers & THEM that are the mid table nobodies.

I’m sure I’m biased, but do Man City score the most boring goals the league has ever seen? Everyone raves about how incredible the passing is. All I see is badly defended tap-ins. Must have missed something.

I’m sure I’m biased, but do Man City score the most boring goals the league has ever seen? Everyone raves about how incredible the passing is. All I see is badly defended tap-ins. Must have missed something.

They work hard to create those opportunities to be fair, they get enough people forward to occupy defenders and make sure someone has space, and they have the composure and ability to find the player in space. The finish might be simple but it isn't luck.

The Wesley offside in the Burnley Villa game and the Spuds handball*.... I haven’t liked VAR all along, whatever it’s here to stay so I can suck it up but the way it’s being used is wank in a lot of cases.

*If it had been an attacker in the build up and a goal had happened it would have been a foul so what is the point in that rule? It came in this season along with VAR so surely it’s a way to justify using VAR to disallow goals because otherwise it makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263