Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally somebody speaks up against their policy:

Manuel Pellegrini after his West Ham team got destroyed 5-0 by Man City: “I didn’t like the way Guardiola’s team played against us, City used tactical fouls to stop us and that’s not the correct way to play football.”

Manuel Pellegrini after his West Ham team got destroyed 5-0 by Man City: “I didn’t like the way Guardiola’s team played against us, City used tactical fouls to stop us and that’s not the correct way to play football.”

How DARE he?!?! HOW ****ING DARE HE!!!! Does he not understand that it should be considered a privilege to be repeatedly tripped up by an expensively assembled team of robots.

I can’t wait for Guardiola to **** off at the end of this season.

I listened to a few minutes of Talksport yesterday, while their game was on and they were calling them out for it quite a bit.

Had the discussion last season
Personally, when they don’t even attempt to get the ball, sod this taking one for the team, it should be a straight red card.

The reason that it really winds me up is because they can't play their style/formation without it.

They commit far too many players forward so have no choice but to stop the counter attack or they'll be conceding loads. They do it so often in every game and the refs never tackle it.

The moment we found an illegal edge in our game, the refs jumped on it. Why don't they do it to them?

The reason that it really winds me up is because they can't play their style/formation without it.

They commit far too many players forward so have no choice but to stop the counter attack or they'll be conceding loads. They do it so often in every game and the refs never tackle it.

The moment we found an illegal edge in our game, the refs jumped on it. Why don't they do it to them?
For me one of the worst culprits is David Silva.

Chelsea look fking terrible. Two Championship players in their starting eleven...

Chelsea being destroyed by very quick, wide, counterattacking football

If we play with two defensive midfielders next week we deserve to lose

Maguire is looking outstanding

And seeing Lampard’s smacked-arse face has cheered me up no end

I take no pleasure from it because Utd are the biggest bunch of ****s in football.

Ouch. 3-0 down.

It was 1-0 when I posted but the signs were there. Maguire did well but wasn't really tested IMO - bread and butter stuff for him. Chelsea fielded two Championship players in their starting XI and it showed. Mount and Abraham failing at the simple things and making bad decisions. They gave away a silly penalty to kick things off and they gave the ball away A LOT. Lampard out of his depth and Going to be relying on their experienced players like Pedro a lot this year. They'll miss out on the top 6 no problems, probably even lower on today's evidence...

Kante on the bench. Was he injured? I can't even think of a reason you would not start a fit N'Golo.

Chelsea’s biggest weakness is clearly at the back. They weren’t actually that bad in general play. I think they beat way to beat them is to get at them, as they are defensively shocking on that evidence.

I still don't rate Man Utd one bit. Everything went for them today, such as two Chelsea efforts hitting the bar, a lucky deflection for one of the goals, and most of all the fact that Chelsea defended like rank amateurs.

Chelsea have some real issues. The team they selected and way they set up was so wrong for the situation. It was the first of many examples of a rookie manager getting some basics wrong.

Next weeks match at Chelsea is going to be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263