Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't rate Man Utd one bit. Everything went for them today, such as two Chelsea efforts hitting the bar, a lucky deflection for one of the goals, and most of all the fact that Chelsea defended like rank amateurs.

Chelsea have some real issues. The team they selected and way they set up was so wrong for the situation. It was the first of many examples of a rookie manager getting some basics wrong.

Next weeks match at Chelsea is going to be very interesting.

Won’t be that interesting if we play Ndidi and Hamza again.

Picking the wrong fight there mate. He’s got a long lead with me just by not being that twat Claude.
I’m not picking a fight, but at times today’s performance was very Puelesque.
I watched all the preseason games, and liked what I was seeing
However, today was very flat.
Big positive was The Prince
A couple of shoulder barges were sublime

Won’t be that interesting if we play Ndidi and Hamza again.

Genuinely didn't think they were the problem, the both played very well.

The lads in front of them totally failed to take advantage of having such a pair protecting them, the movement was non existent, as usual.

Just watching highlights on motd2. Don’t like Man City’s glorious way of playing one bit.

I cannot understand why no one is ever marking Gabriel Jesus. Does he pay them to look the other way?!
Team talk against Man City - “that bloke goal hanging in the middle is waiting for someone quick to run past everyone else then pass it back to him”
And you’ll stop 40% of their goals. Boring football. **** Pep can’t wait for him to piss off and make the league interesting again rather than robot football with no character.

How much did Villa spend in the summer - £150m?

Their line up still looks like a Championship one and somehow they're two down in twelve minutes at home to Bournemouth.

Oh dear.

Why farcical?
It’s the new handball rule not VAR.
Man City have only themselves to blame for not winning a game they totally dominated
Bloody scousers are going to be intolerable now

Why farcical?
It’s the new handball rule not VAR.
Man City have only themselves to blame for not winning a game they totally dominated
Bloody scousers are going to be intolerable now

The rule is completely farcical

The rule is completely farcical

No it's not. It's to stop people scoring goals and assisting goals with their arms, irrespective of whether they are deliberate or not.

That's a perfectly understandable rule change given some of the dodgy goals that have been allowed before now.

It's much better than to say that we're going to allow accidental handballs in goals in my opinion. That just creates another grey area of whether it's deliberate or not.

No it's not. It's to stop people scoring goals and assisting goals with their arms, irrespective of whether they are deliberate or not.

That's a perfectly understandable rule change given some of the dodgy goals that have been allowed before now.

It's much better than to say that we're going to allow accidental handballs in goals in my opinion. That just creates another grey area of whether it's deliberate or not.

Couldn’t agree more. I think the rule is about the best effort we have seen on sorting out handball.

We know have the technology to tell whether an action has even benefited a team and instead of usi g it properly we just install a blanket rule that would have made more sense without it.

A ball accidentally brushing someone's arm and not even changing direction should never be punishable.

Already its getting to the point where people wont celebrate just incase the ball gently brushed someone's little finger in the buildup.

Everyone sat on their arse at home is loving it, all the poor money paying schmucks at the game are having the passion of being there in person wholly dismantled.

It's wank

We know have the technology to tell whether an action has even benefited a team and instead of usi g it properly we just install a blanket rule that would have made more sense without it.

A ball accidentally brushing someone's arm and not even changing direction should never be punishable.

Already its getting to the point where people wont celebrate just incase the ball gently brushed someone's little finger in the buildup.

Everyone sat on their arse at home is loving it, all the poor money paying schmucks at the game are having the passion of being there in person wholly dismantled.

It's wank
All Man City fans cheered when the goal went in closely followed by the Spuds fans who cheered when it i was disallowed.

To me it removed referees discretion which has to remove bias so although I can see your argument the pluses outweigh the negatives.

All Man City fans cheered when the goal went in closely followed by the Spuds fans who cheered when it i was disallowed.

To me it removed referees discretion which has to remove bias so although I can see your argument the pluses outweigh the negatives.

2nd game of the season. Just wait until they become bored of it.

To be fair the atmosphere and goal celebrations were subdued expectancy anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758