Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure desperation. End of story. How the **** can Jose win anything without spending a minimum of £300m that Levy will never sanction? The dummy spitting brigade at Spurs are already on the phone to their agents saying "FFS get me out of here in January" Harry the Horse on his bike in the Summer. Great stuff.

I must be listening to the wrong people. Several times over the last couple of days, I've heard people talking about how Pochettino should have won the league in 2016. How they blew their big chance, etc.

It's total horseshit. Spurs did drop points in their final four matches of that season - they took two points from twelve. Two things need pointing out though:

1. That even if they'd won their last four matches, we'd still have won the league.
2. In the games that came after we beat them on their own ground, and before those final four fixtures, they played 13 games and picked up 32 points which is about as strong as any side can go (W10 D2 L1).

They gave it their best and they weren't as good as we were. They didn't choke until it was too late. They were outplayed despite being at their very best.

****ing media making up alternate realities.

I must be listening to the wrong people. Several times over the last couple of days, I've heard people talking about how Pochettino should have won the league in 2016. How they blew their big chance, etc.

It's total horseshit. Spurs did drop points in their final four matches of that season - they took two points from twelve. Two things need pointing out though:

1. That even if they'd won their last four matches, we'd still have won the league.
2. In the games that came after we beat them on their own ground, and before those final four fixtures, they played 13 games and picked up 32 points which is about as strong as any side can go (W10 D2 L1).

They gave it their best and they weren't as good as we were. They didn't choke until it was too late. They were outplayed despite being at their very best.

Imagine coming third in a two-horse race though.

Hah!

« Brendan Rodgers was Tottenham's first choice before turning to Jose Mourinho... and Daniel Levy was plotting Mauricio Pochettino's exit for A MONTH before it all ended in a blazing row»

We won the league at Sunderland didn't we?

The craziest thing about that season wasn't us winning the league. It was the media tossing off over Ozil for 7 months and then him being an absolute sack of shit. He was the assist king and why they were pissing the league...until spring.

The craziest thing about that season wasn't us winning the league. It was the media tossing off over Ozil for 7 months and then him being an absolute sack of shit. He was the assist king and why they were pissing the league...until spring.

Oh no.

That was the SECOND craziest thing. Craziest was some dickhead in one of the red tops writing an article about how Spurs would obviously overhaul us simply because of "the number of players in the squad with experience of big, high pressure games at the top level"

Erm...well yeah.

The fact that they'd LOST the majority of them didn't seem to enter his thinking.
Gave me a good laugh.
Yet another example of how reason deserted everyone that year as they just stubbornly refused to believe what they were seeing.

I think the delight I felt at that was almost equal to that of actually winning the ****ing thing.

Holy Jebus

West Ham looked like the shittest team the Premier League have ever seen

Pellegrini be gone by half two after this shower

It's incredible how much the media suck Wham off most preseasons. Some tipped them for top 4/6 this year. Look at their starting 11 today....top 4? Ffs

I'm sat here debating whether this performance is the worst one I've seen this season in the Premier League.

And that includes Southampton 0-9 City

That's how poor WHU are.

They have a manager that thought he'd retired to China until another Premier League side offered him a ludicrous contract. Understandably, he snapped their hands off. Now, he's fed up and desperate for the sack so he can retire to a slightly bigger mansion.

That Karren Brady is such a business genius . . .

Liverpool benefit from yet another dodgy VAR call. They might as well rename Stockley Park as Scousers Park.

Palace had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757