Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** that was close

Looks to me like WHam are starting to get flustered, which I think is both odd and a sign of their nerves.

Good result but I think we could still need at 2 wins and a draw.

West Ham are irrelevant for me. It's been all about Liverpool for at least 6 weeks now.
I don't quite share that, not irrelevant for me but certainly the lesser worry of the two. We're a step closer after that result but ManU beating Liverpool will bring us closer still. But, yes, I agree in as much as I saw Liverpool as the bigger worry.

Let's just hope ManU do field a weakened side against us. I think they will but what the **** do I know!

We'll beat Man U reserves, and they'll beat Liverpool. Then a draw against Chelsea or Spurs will be enough, assuming West Ham don't make up 10 goals in goal difference.

Yep. The whole season will be defined by these two matches at Old Trafford this week. If we don't lose and Liverpool don't win, then I think we're in great shape. The only way I get worried is if we lose and Liverpool win.

I don't quite share that, not irrelevant for me but certainly the lesser worry of the two. We're a step closer after that result but ManU beating Liverpool will bring us closer still. But, yes, I agree in as much as I saw Liverpool as the bigger worry.

Let's just hope ManU do field a weakened side against us. I think they will but what the **** do I know!

West Ham are currently 1/50 to finish outside the top four.

It's us or Liverpool. Nobody else is really in this.

We'll beat Man U reserves, and they'll beat Liverpool. Then a draw against Chelsea or Spurs will be enough, assuming West Ham don't make up 10 goals in goal difference.

Phew. Glad that’s sorted then.

Have you posted that on the dressing room wall, Cambiasso style, please Jeff?

b

bookies still have faith.
Yesterday we were just under evens (1.9).
this morning we were just over evens (2.1)
After that game we are down to 1.75, which is short if you ask me.

The maths would disagree. WHam still aren't mathematically out of it and it's silly to say otherwise. They had form and good momentum, they've been derailed perhaps so let's see how they respond.

As I said, I considered Liverpool to be the bigger threat (and still do) and my feeling is WHam won't make but I certainly wouldn't bet against it. But then I don't bet and, tbh, don't really 'do' odds.

bookies still have faith.
Yesterday we were just under evens (1.9).
this morning we were just over evens (2.1)
After that game we are down to 1.75, which is short if you ask me.
I don't even now what it means!

(and thank you, a well timed post!!)

West Ham certainly won’t be overtaking us on FA Cup final day anyway.

Liverpool might the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265