Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno? Hahahaha. They hounded Fat Sam out for being boring then end up with Ancelotti followed by Nuno?

Reading a bit about Ancelotti's approach at Everton. Direct advice and coaching "were not forthcoming" and his favourite instruction was to "just play". It seemed he left most of the work to his son.

£11m a year for that is the most insane of many insane decisions by Everton over recent years. Apparently, none of the players wished him well on news of his departure, which is unusual nowadays, and within one hour almost every player had stopped following him on social media.

If they give Santo the job, his average return for Wolves over the last three seasons is 54 points with a very similar net spend to Everton. He'll never get them to improve sufficiently to justify their owners expenditure.

Thank goodness that Arsenal and Everton are so badly run, it really does help us that they are. Both clubs seem incapable of making basic decisions.

They are quite a joke of a club.

The Kane situation is going to really hurt them. Managing a Spurs without him is as much less attractive proposition

The thing is with spurs....they should be an attractive proposition for managers. Big ground, chance to become a legend as they never win anything, decent transfer budgets. But then they aren't attractive and will probably end up with Eddie Howe or someshit.

The thing is with spurs....they should be an attractive proposition for managers. Big ground, chance to become a legend as they never win anything, decent transfer budgets. But then they aren't attractive and will probably end up with Eddie Howe or someshit.
They are rapidly becoming a real joke, even for non Leicester fans

They are rapidly becoming a real joke, even for non Leicester fans
It really is fantastic. They've gone and made the exact same mistake as Arsenal by pissing a load of money away on a new giant stadium and failing to build a team for the future. The decline is obvious to see, especially from the inside which is why Kane is so desperate to get out. Spurs, Arsenal and Everton being so incompetently run is the best thing for our continued growth.

Not sure Everton even come into the convo.

They've done **** all in my entire life.

Not sure Everton even come into the convo.

They've done **** all in my entire life.
Agreed, but the fact they're going to carry on doing **** all means one less competitor at the top end of the table. I included them as the other two are becoming more and more like Everton.

To which Levy said he took his eye off the football side in his efforts to get it built, of course that had nothing to do with the 3 million quid bonus he got for doing that...
3 million quid? That doesn't get a reserve right back's left leg these days

Which beggars the question, how on earth did the owners end up being multi millionaires?
I can answer this pretty confidently.

Having had a couple of jobs which have involved close contact with some very rich people, I've noticed that most seem to share a particular trait.
The unshakeable belief that because they are or were successful in a particular field they'll automatically be good at everything they turn their hand to. They also usually keep going at it despite repeated failure in the stubborn belief that it'll eventually turn around even when all the evidence points to it being a crock you should walk away from.

That kind of confidence (or ego?) & bloody mindedness is an advantage when you're right about something but fatal when you're wrong & can't admit it.

Making millions flogging tat, investing in the markets or whatever doesn't mean you can run a football club. Which, lets face it breaks most of the normal rules of business anyway.

Ten Hag looking favourite for the Spurs job now. Wonderful. Must be nice going into a job interview & negotiation knowing that you're third choice at best for the role & those in front of you have told them to get ****ed.
When the bookies cut Conte to odds on at the end of the week I admit I was baffled. Tried to imagine myself as Conte, in the position he's in after what he's managed at Inter & work out what possible appeal Spurs could have. Other than money I couldn't see anything. I guess Conte thought the same in the end & decided to **** off the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757