Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen a picture of an Everton player in a blonde wig and smoking a cigar how’s about that then

I'm assuming Twitter has now blocked his name since the accused player was the number 1 trend overnight, and then when the newspaper stories were published he's disappeared completely from the trending topics.

1626796276762.png

When you search 'Footballer Arrested' in google news, you get this...

Be interesting to see how this factors in for the new season:

Fans attending sports venues with capacities of about 20,000 or more may be required to show proof of full vaccination from the end of September, under plans being considered by the government.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Monday there was a plan to mandate certification at nightclubs and "other venues where large crowds gather".

The BBC understands the definition of what constitutes a large crowd and what type of venues would fall under this label is yet to be determined.”

Be interesting to see how this factors in for the new season:

Fans attending sports venues with capacities of about 20,000 or more may be required to show proof of full vaccination from the end of September, under plans being considered by the government.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Monday there was a plan to mandate certification at nightclubs and "other venues where large crowds gather".

The BBC understands the definition of what constitutes a large crowd and what type of venues would fall under this label is yet to be determined.”

same gov’t that said Vaccine passports definitely wouldn’t be a thing. Shambolic.

Are there any protocols in place for when/if players and staff catch Covid again? Or will it be abitrary fines/postponement like before?

same gov’t that said Vaccine passports definitely wouldn’t be a thing. Shambolic.
Same Government that u-turn on nearly every single announced policy they ever make.

They are a ****ing shambles, just like the general public who vote for them despite the Tories actually hating their new poor voters.

Thank goodness they've changed their minds.
I read yesterday that the Premier League are looking at introducing vaccination status checks later this year irrespective of what government says as they don't want to be forced to operate at reduced capacity. Make of that what you will.

I read yesterday that the Premier League are looking at introducing vaccination status checks later this year irrespective of what government says as they don't want to be forced to operate at reduced capacity. Make of that what you will.
Probably a good idea to have it in their back pockets. The PL is smart enough and powerful enough to outwit this government if it feels it needs to - I suspect getting something like this ready to go will play a part in that.

On a personal level, I hope they do introduce it. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about going back to a capacity crowd, not only for me, but for some of the older relatives that also have tickets with us.

That’ll go down well with the type of ****wit that stormed Wembley the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757