Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll we can give up any hope of them taking Choudhury off our hands now for anything less than £160m

Fingers crossed.

Does anyone really think Newcastle will go and be able to sign elite players straight away? I very much doubt it.

Be interesting to see if FFP committee or whatever develops a spine. Man City had already brought their way into the big 6 by the time FFP rules were introduced. Will they really let Newcastle buy their way in too?

Fingers crossed.

Does anyone really think Newcastle will go and be able to sign elite players straight away? I very much doubt it.

Be interesting to see if FFP committee or whatever develops a spine. Man City had already brought their way into the big 6 by the time FFP rules were introduced. Will they really let Newcastle buy their way in too?
Yes

Fingers crossed.

Yep. The rules will apply to Newcastle as much as they do Man City: not a bit. Expect disproportionately large sponsorship deals to be announced very soon.

Fingers crossed.

Reports are already circulating that Newcastle can spend £190m in January and stay within FFP, mentions of signing Harry Kane and Coutinho

FFP is one of those rules innit. Like the directors test for owners. I think you're also not meant to have state run clubs.

They've got VAR to sort out marginal offsides being given though....so at least all football is sorted and how it should be.

FFP is one of those rules innit. Like the directors test for owners. I think you're also not meant to have state run clubs.
I reckon as long as they don’t start beheading people on the pitch for witchcraft or throwing people out the stadium for being shirtlifters they’ll be alright

Barney Ronay;

In this light the comparison with Ashley, the assumption that Newcastle has finally found its prince, seems to involve a degree of cognitive dissonance. Infuriating tracksuit vendor v blood-stained dictatorship. Zero-hours sport-shop contracts v beheading 37 people in a single day. Hiring Dennis Wise v bombing Yemen. Is it really obvious that one of these – the beheading one – is so much more desirable than the other?

Well written. Makes me want to pack it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757