Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Newcastle/Spurs game puts me in mind of an Oscar Wilde saying, "The unpseakable in pursuit of the uneatable."

Will the fans start punching camels instead of police horses when they lose, just to be authentic like?

I was thinking about the Newcastle 'on the pitch' situation. They really are in trouble. I can't see three worse sides.

They're inevitably about to sack Bruce. But who would be a sensible replacement and how on earth do they recruit intelligently in January?

Nobody any good is going there yet. It's too risky. They'd be mad to appoint someone without PL experience at this stage (Favre or Fonseca) but is someone like Lampard or Howe sensible? Surely not. They need 40 points from a really dodgy squad of players.

The smart move would be Allardyce. He'd make them functional and organised. He'd also spend well in January. But they've sacked him before and it's inconceivable that they'd pick him.

I really want them to feck up everything and it does seem quite likely in the short term at least.

I was thinking about the Newcastle 'on the pitch' situation. They really are in trouble. I can't see three worse sides.

They're inevitably about to sack Bruce. But who would be a sensible replacement and how on earth do they recruit intelligently in January?

Nobody any good is going there yet. It's too risky. They'd be mad to appoint someone without PL experience at this stage (Favre or Fonseca) but is someone like Lampard or Howe sensible? Surely not. They need 40 points from a really dodgy squad of players.

The smart move would be Allardyce. He'd make them functional and organised. He'd also spend well in January. But they've sacked him before and it's inconceivable that they'd pick him.

I really want them to feck up everything and it does seem quite likely in the short term at least.
Relagation would be absolutely perfect

I wonder what the odds are on Newcastle sacking Bruce and employing Ronald Koeman only to sack Koeman in February to hire Big Sam on a 6 month contract

Reminder that Newcastle have a Championship squad at best and will be going down unless they improve to a near-impossible degree. Money can do a lot of things but it can’t literally buy points.

Unless someone changes the rules to suit the Saudis, which of course nobody would ever do.

Reminder that Newcastle have a Championship squad at best and will be going down unless they improve to a near-impossible degree. Money can do a lot of things but it can’t literally buy points.

Unless someone changes the rules to suit the Saudis, which of course nobody would ever do.
Repeat, nothing seems ridiculous. Buying a few points when you’ve murdered several of your own citizens us child’s play. Pah.

Maybe they'll find the 3 promoted teams in the championship guilty of breaking FFP and scrap promotion/relegation for next season as punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757