Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle have 3 points from 8 matches. They've not yet played Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea. So they have 6 of their remaining 30 games that will be very difficult to get anything from.

The last 4 seasons, the average points for the 17th placed team is 36.5. That leaves them with getting 33-34 points from 24 games. That's with the worst defence in the league and no ability to improve personnel until January. Assuming nothing against the best three sides, they'd need something like W9 D7 L8 from the rest just to get to 34 points.

If I were a Newcastle fan, I'd be much more focused on staying up than winning trophies.

Can we enforce a super league? Just with the two nations playing eachother? Surely everyone wins there. Ffp and most of the rules are worth **** all so why not.

IMO both Norwich & Watford are worse sides than Newcastle. Leeds wil improve when they get players back & the Saints will scrape by. Palace are OK.

Everyone should be cheering for Burnley to kick on & send the Toon down.

IMO both Norwich & Watford are worse sides than Newcastle. Leeds wil improve when they get players back & the Saints will scrape by. Palace are OK.

Everyone should be cheering for Burnley to kick on & send the Toon down.
Newcastle will probably loan some big players in January, all clubs need to play against Newcastle like it's a cup final.
Even if they go down its only delaying the inevitable by a year or so

Good thing we don't have the King Power shirt sponsorship anymore then, but it does mean if it continues we'd need to find a new stadium sponsor.

I'm glad they're trying to stop Newcastle completely taking over the league by just spending whatever they want covered up by dodgy paperwork on sponsorship deals.

But it's completely self serving isn't it? Probably half the league now is doing it, including us (we're actually one of the more obvious ones with the King Power sponsorships). It's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Voting against newcomers doing it, but let us keep doing it...

Good thing we don't have the King Power shirt sponsorship anymore then, but it does mean if it continues we'd need to find a new stadium sponsor.

I'm glad they're trying to stop Newcastle completely taking over the league by just spending whatever they want covered up by dodgy paperwork on sponsorship deals.

But it's completely self serving isn't it? Probably half the league now is doing it, including us (we're actually one of the more obvious ones with the King Power sponsorships). It's a bit hypocritical isn't it? Voting against newcomers doing it, but let us keep doing it...
Do what I say not what I do.

Pep will go to Newcastle in 3 years when they have spent £1 billion on players, he will spend another £500 million because he's a genius

I think some of it is about being within reasonable bounds. If I remember correctly, our stadium sponsorship was at roughly market value, rather than massively inflated, like the Etihad was. I may be wrong on that, though.

Which makes it all the more telling that the vote was Newcastle and Manchester City against everyone else. I sense far more resistance to this from within the league than anything that has gone before, which can only be a good thing. Too little, too late, but hopefully only the beginning of a change in attitudes rather than the sum of it.

I also wonder how many truly big name players, who effectively have their own brands to manage, would want to risk their image for a move there.

I think some of it is about being within reasonable bounds. If I remember correctly, our stadium sponsorship was at roughly market value, rather than massively inflated, like the Etihad was. I may be wrong on that, though.
Think £4 million a season was mentioned somewhere

King Power do not pay the market rate for the sponsorship of the ground or the shirt.

They have never paid what it is worth and it's a good thing they have finally allowed outside sponsorship of the shirt because they were restricting a vital revenue source.

King Power use Leicester to promote their brand Globally through the Premier league.
Considering what the owners have done for the club and the community as far as I'm concerned they could pay £1 a season in sponsorship money.
The fact they have let FBS sponsor the shirts is an added bonus

King Power use Leicester to promote their brand Globally through the Premier league.
Considering what the owners have done for the club and the community as far as I'm concerned they could pay £1 a season in sponsorship money.

Yeah I guess that's the big difference with us compared to others.

Our owners use the sponsorship mainly as a means of using the club to promote their business.

Whereas clubs like Man City and what Newcastle would be doing is using sponsorships as a way to disguise huge amounts of money being pumped into the club to circumvent FFP.

Yeah I guess that's the big difference with us compared to others.

Our owners use the sponsorship mainly as a means of using the club to promote their business.

Whereas clubs like Man City and what Newcastle would be doing is using sponsorships as a way to disguise huge amounts of money being pumped into the club to circumvent FFP.
The likes of Man C and Newcastle won't make money from football but they want everyone to think they are lovely people because they spend hundreds of millions on sport.

It didn't work out well for the Nazi party in the 1936 Olympics when they thought Aryan supremacy would convince the world that whites were superior in sports, Jesse owens disproved that myth.

Anyway a little beheading here and there is fine because we have spent £120 million on Harry Kane

No, they should pay the going rate and give us the best chance of competing at the top end of the table / competitions.

It's a very slippery slope when football fans become happy for their billionaire owners to use their clubs as adverts to get richer.

If you want to the club to grow then it's important they are on a level playing field.

The owners have done very well indeed out of Leicester City as well.

Am I missing something? I really don't get this 'sports washing' that people keep talking about. I would have thought (perhaps I should say 'hope') that most people are not going to forgive and forget murder, atrocities and discrimination just because they do well for a sports club? And of those who will, how many of them are important enough for a rich nation to care about?

We should certainly protest such people being allowed to use a football club, whatever their motive. And I can certainly see how it can be used for money laundering and other criminal activities, but are the fortunes of a British football club really going to affect the reputation, power or influence of a wealthy nation?

Am I missing something? I really don't get this 'sports washing' that people keep talking about. I would have thought (perhaps I should say 'hope') that most people are not going to forgive and forget murder, atrocities and discrimination just because they do well for a sports club? And of those who will, how many of them are important enough for a rich nation to care about?

We should certainly protest such people being allowed to use a football club, whatever their motive. And I can certainly see how it can be used for money laundering and other criminal activities, but are the fortunes of a British football club really going to affect the reputation, power or influence of a wealthy nation?
Do you think of Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan as the owner of the company that owns Man City or as a member of a royal family in the country where a British football coach has recently been sentenced to 25 years for vape liquid and is allegedly being tortured? A billionaire football owner or a high-ranking politician in a country whose laws currently allow for the death penalty for apostasy and homosexuality?

Ask 100 people for honest answers. Now you know sports washing.

It definitely sways opinion. I know plenty people who are so much into human rights, fairness, very left wing etc etc.....until these ****s put an offer in for their club. All the murdering and dodgy shit just doesn't stop these ****s being great. Mike Ashley was also a ****, they hated him though (although at first he was also worshipped as a saviour.....he chose them and not spurs after all!). The difference is they think these even worse ****s might win them something. Sky etc have been wanking themselves over them too.

Take this from the local rag, His Excellency FFS

FB_IMG_1634070479099.jpg

It definitely sways opinion. I know plenty people who are so much into human rights, fairness, very left wing etc etc.....until these ****s put an offer in for their club. All the murdering and dodgy shit just doesn't stop these ****s being great. Mike Ashley was also a ****, they hated him though (although at first he was also worshipped as a saviour.....he chose them and not spurs after all!). The difference is they think these even worse ****s might win them something. Sky etc have been wanking themselves over them too.

Take this from the local rag, His Excellency FFS

View attachment 16404
Anyone got a bucket, I need to throw up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757