Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payments for TV games on Sky/BT/Amazon.
Everton, Villa and Newcastle get £5m more than us despite being lower in the table. Further punishment for a flat mid table season. Unless we’re in the mix, we still haven’t the fan base to be a big TV attraction.

Payments for TV games on Sky/BT/Amazon.

Everton, Villa and Newcastle get £5m more than us despite being lower in the table. Further punishment for a flat mid table season. Unless we’re in the mix, we still haven’t the fan base to be a big TV attraction.

The figure is based wholly on the number of games we have screened live.

The figure is based wholly on the number of games we have screened live.

Correct. So if you're a "big" club having a poor season you'll still get lots of TV games even if performances don't deserve it because the viewing figures are higher. If you're a "big" club in a relegation battle you'll get even more games. None of our final eight league games were televised because our season was effectively over.

Correct. So if you're a "big" club having a poor season you'll still get lots of TV games even if performances don't deserve it because the viewing figures are higher. If you're a "big" club in a relegation battle you'll get even more games. None of our final eight league games were televised because our season was effectively over.
Isn’t that the point I was making? Just perhaps not clearly enough.

Today, Spurs discovered £150m behind the sofa.

Meanwhile, Leeds seem set to be fully taken over by San Francisco 49ers.

Villa and Newcastle are planning a big summer of spending.

Everton staying up.

West Ham qualifying for Europe ahead of us.

Chelsea takeover approved.

All roads pointing to tougher times for clubs like Leicester. It was notable how much Top has been in Leicester over the last few weeks. I wonder what his plan is?

The PL has been stuttering at our level for a while and we only partly took advantage. Now it feels to me like the odds are stacking up against us.

I can't help thinking that we're about to be left behind. The stadium development has gone very quiet. Our debts are soaring over £300m. Our wage bill is crippling and we have a bloated squad containing many mediocre players.

Competing in the top half of the PL could be getting beyond our billionaire. Do we accept a lesser reality? Or will KP dilute their interest?

Fortunately they are run by idiots, so this will buy them 15 players.

Great, more American non-investment.

They are both way behind us.

Everton staying up.
Every cloud and all that. Hail the saviour, South West Frank.

They did very well to be fair, but with more games next season can they keep their squad fit enough to compete on all fronts?

Good, who cares.

All roads pointing to tougher times for clubs like Leicester. It was notable how much Top has been in Leicester over the last few weeks. I wonder what his plan is?

The PL has been stuttering at our level for a while and we only partly took advantage. Now it feels to me like the odds are stacking up against us.

I can't help thinking that we're about to be left behind. The stadium development has gone very quiet. Our debts are soaring over £300m. Our wage bill is crippling and we have a bloated squad containing many mediocre players.

Competing in the top half of the PL could be getting beyond our billionaire. Do we accept a lesser reality? Or will KP dilute their interest?
We're doomed I tell thee, doooooommmmed.

If we can't compete with ****ing hopeless teams like Everton, Leeds and Aston Villa then we truly are ****ed

Everton staying up.

Spurs and Chelsea are big 6, and have consistently had larger budgets and spending power than us. It'll be a while before the Big 6 is broken consistently.

And so, yes, I think we're in the next bucket down (and have been for a while, albeit that we've over-achieved). Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Leicester will highly likely be the favourites for positions 7th to 11th next season, and all have similar budgets/expectations/etc.

I would state that if we finish:
  • above the majority of that group, it will be a good season
  • in the middle of that group, it will be a mediocre season
  • at the bottom of that group, it will be a bad season
There are reasons to be pessimistic as you've alluded to above, or we could be optimistic that we don't have Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard as manager, or that we don't have the added stretch of European competition next season (West Ham).

Spurs and Chelsea are big 6, and have consistently had larger budgets and spending power than us. It'll be a while before the Big 6 is broken consistently.

And so, yes, I think we're in the next bucket down (and have been for a while, albeit that we've over-achieved). Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Leicester will highly likely be the favourites for positions 7th to 11th next season, and all have similar budgets/expectations/etc.

I would state that if we finish:
  • above the majority of that group, it will be a good season
  • in the middle of that group, it will be a mediocre season
  • at the bottom of that group, it will be a bad season
There are reasons to be pessimistic as you've alluded to above, or we could be optimistic that we don't have Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard as manager, or that we don't have the added stretch of European competition next season (West Ham).

If our rivals continue to throw money at their 'projects', irrespective of idiocy and error, they will eventually surpass our model. It's just inevitable.

King Power are either up for competing or they're not. My point is that the model they've used very successfully for the last few years is running out of time because other clubs are getting richer and richer than us.

I've been expecting new investors in the club for a while now and nothing appears to be happening. I'm really curious to understand how KP are taking all this new money pouring into our rivals. Because on the surface, they seem oblivious to it.

Looks like Salah is just going to run his contract out next season. I suspect Mané will do the same. It’s the way things seem to be going and when you look at the figures that are being quoted for Mbappé, it’s not really a surprise.

Brown Nose you stated that, "If our rivals continue to throw money at their 'projects', irrespective of idiocy and error, they will eventually surpass our model. It's just inevitable." You then state you've been expecting new investors in the club. My question would be what return would these investors be seeking? And what are they bringing to the table? Either Top is seeking a partner and reducing his shareholding, or he's seeking sponsors.

I certainly believe that the stadium development must be phased. The whole project will have been costed, and approved as having value. I'd be interested in knowing how much revenue the indoor arena could bring in. The King Power stadium complex being utilised on a daily basis would certainly be a good thing. Is the indoor arena needed within Leicester?

Is the city in need of an additional hotel? Hotel and matchday ticket special? My friend and her mother in law recently went on a Andre Rieu coach trip to Birmingham. Their accommodation was at the Holiday Inn next to the ground.

My point is King Power should be looking to maximise their revenue streams. Throwing money at projects should never be our motivation, to keep up with others. It's not sustainable for anyone.

How much money would we lose taking the kit production in-house? I look back with fondness that we used to have Fox Leisure producing the kit. TBF I have no idea if the club had any influence/ ownership of the brand. I have the understanding that kit manufacturers pay the club a fee and then take the lion's share of the revenue from the kits sold. Perhaps we could embrace Leicester's reputation for clothing and start our own label again, and in the process generate jobs within the city.

And I'd also attempt to promote the Women's team to the point that it was a loss- leader. I wouldn't make it free, but it would be a nominal amount. You struggle to get engagement without investment, it shouldn't be seen as a cheap babysitter. I was of the generation that could get a seat in the main stand for £1, if an adult bought a ticket. It's cost me a fortune since.

Just imagine the club filling the stadium for a game. I think, in recent years, we've seen the club price certain men's cup games at a price point where they didn't sell out, but they had already decided not to open all areas. (I may be wrong)

And finally I'd like to see stats of how the membership scheme helps the member. For that I'd like to hear from members who find it works for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757