Premier League 23/24

Personally I can’t see any clear as day penalties. All marginal and in the “seen them given, seen them not given” category.

I can see Forest’s frustration though as to why they didn’t receive at least one of them.

Having watched them myself I would say that the third one is definitely a penalty and the other two are 50/50.

Having watched them myself I would say that the third one is definitely a penalty and the other two are 50/50.
I think this thread demonstrates that we all have differing opinions of them.

I think if any of them had been given, VAR wouldn’t have over ruled the other way either.

There has rightly so been a lot of criticism about VAR over ruling things that aren’t clear and obvious. So I actually think it was used perfectly in this match.

Would VAR ever have gotten off the ground if there had simply been a clampdown on players and coaches harassing referees?

Would VAR ever have gotten off the ground if there had simply been a clampdown on players and coaches harassing referees?
I think there has always been too many errors from officials.

The very existence of VAR confirms this but what was unexpected, was for these same errors to be carried over to VAR.

I can’t even see how it is that difficult to implement correctly. The only contentious decisions I see that VAR is used and decisions are deliberated over too long to the detriment of the game could be eradicated immediately with the introduction of a “30 second” rule.

If you can’t decide in 30 seconds then there is no clear and obvious error. All this ****ing about looking at 120 different angles then becomes obsolete.

I mean, two absolutely ****ing stonewall penalties and one that 8 out of 10 referees wouls give. They were robbed.

Funny, innit.

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00