Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the absolute mess they've come out with to ight the PL will be the least of our worries.

Wave 2 will be along in time to scupper any thoughts of football

Based on the absolute mess they've come out with to ight the PL will be the least of our worries.

Wave 2 will be along in time to scupper any thoughts of football
Do go out. But keep an eye out for any bits of virus knocking about. Go back to work. No schools though. Go outside more. But bigger fines. Drive literally anywhere in England if you fancy and have a sit down when you get there. Remember to be vigilant while you sunbathe on the other side of the country.

Do go out. But keep an eye out for any bits of virus knocking about. Go back to work. No schools though. Go outside more. But bigger fines. Drive literally anywhere in England if you fancy and have a sit down when you get there. Remember to be vigilant while you sunbathe on the other side of the country.
In all seriousness tedfoxxx, what message and with that clarity you clearly don't see, explain how you woudl message what the next steps are?

In all seriousness tedfoxxx, what message and with that clarity you clearly don't see, explain how you woudl message what the next steps are?

I’m not sure what’s been gained by relaxing the rules on going out for exercise. I think it will only lead to complacency and people exploiting any perceived grey area. I had a text from my mother 10 minutes after the speech saying it’s now fine for her to drive half an hour to our house and come walk our dog with us as long as she’s two metres away at all times. I told her not to.

There’s still nothing for people to do other than mingle out in parks, personally I think with with restrictions on travel relaxed it will just embolden people to make unnecessary journeys and basically take the piss.

My work supplies the building trade, most of customers and suppliers have been working throughout this. Advising that people who have been off to go back at short notice will work will be fine for some but a pain in the arse in terms of childcare for others. My last post is probably a bit callow and flippant, I’m sure they’ll clarify things further this week.

I was pissed off last night because I’m meant to be getting married in August and we both really want to delay it for as long as possible now. There’s no point in our eyes having the kind of wedding we want and are paying for if half the people we know can’t come. I can see us getting shafted by the venue at this rate, not allowing us to delay and forcing us to go through with it when we’ve got no control over anything. I had my fingers crossed for something along the lines of ‘don’t be stupid, keep this up’ followed immediately by something more detailed. But that’s my problem and selfish take on it!

Personally, I walk or run with the dog once a day and drive to work when there’s something to do. I’m not in a flap about what I should or shouldn’t do, I think it’s screamingly obvious that avoiding contact with others is still necessary. I do fear that without strong messaging people will start taking the piss soon and just stretch this out over a longer period of time.

Same as US then, class genocide.

Next season was due to start mid August.
If the Premier league thinks it can finish the season in 56 days, even if we started on 1st June, that would still take us beyond the start due for next season.
Surely it is time to bring this season to an end, and look towards how we can start [and when] next season?

If the Premier league thinks it can finish the season in 56 days, even if we started on 1st June, that would still take us beyond the start due for next season.
Surely it is time to bring this season to an end, and look towards how we can start [and when] next season?
I think they will try to delay the start of the new season as until at least Xmas ( and probably a bit after ) it will all be without spectators IMO.

If it was just our own country involved, you may be right, but with other countries finishing their season already, and have teams that will be involved in European competitions , it would be almost arrogant of our league to think that way.

why is everyone so obsessed with a season that hasn't started, that we can do what ever we need to with over the current season that's nearly finished?

Anyway, every day or so there is a new set of 'What they are planning on doing to football'.

Here is todays, (THIS IS ONLY TRAINING (So Far)) (according to BBC)

Tackling will be banned, pitches disinfected and players restricted to groups of five when the Premier League starts a first phase of team training.

Official protocols sent to players and managers on Tuesday and obtained by the BBC reveal that social distancing must be "strictly observed".

Corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces will be disinfected after each session.

League bosses hope training can begin on Monday, restricted to 75 minutes.

There is more. Much more.
blah blah separation blah virus blah click here blah rules innit

You can probably just make it up yourself.

There will be a completly new scenario roughly this time Thurdsday.

Anyway, every day or so there is a new set of 'What they are planning on doing to football'.

Here is todays, (THIS IS ONLY TRAINING (So Far)) (according to BBC)

Tackling will be banned, pitches disinfected and players restricted to groups of five when the Premier League starts a first phase of team training.

Official protocols sent to players and managers on Tuesday and obtained by the BBC reveal that social distancing must be "strictly observed".

Corner-flags, balls, cones, goalposts and even playing surfaces will be disinfected after each session.

League bosses hope training can begin on Monday, restricted to 75 minutes.

There is more. Much more.
blah blah separation blah virus blah click here blah rules innit

You can probably just make it up yourself.

There will be a completly new scenario roughly this time Thurdsday.
I presume heading will be banned, also controlling the ball on the thigh.

Why are we even bothering.

I presume heading will be banned, also controlling the ball on the thigh.

Why are we even bothering.

I sarcastically suggested a couple of weeks ago that they'd have to ban walls at free kicks and coughing would be a bookable offence.

I was clearly not getting batshit crazy enough.

How about ventilator breaks instead of drinks breaks? Or ban running because it will make players sweat?

A serious prediction is that a player will drop dead on the pitch somewhere in the world. Then, and only then, the ****ing idiots will put people before money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757