Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought about a future Quiz question
What was the last Premier League fixture before the Corona virus postponed the Premier League in 2019 - 20

Just a thought about a future Quiz question
What was the last Premier League fixture before the Corona virus postponed the Premier League in 2019 - 20
And if the end of the world is really nigh, "Who scored the last ever Premier League goal?"

I quite like how Cheltenham races was fine to proceed whilst Cambridge v Cheltenham was cancelled.

Regarding football, I hope there's a way we can play behind closed doors. Finish the season that way. I know it's not so simple but it gets rid of almost all of the risk.
Get the Pools Panel in. They've not had much to do recently.

Apparently UEFA has moved the Euros to 2021. Source; The Norwegian FA’s twitter account.

‘’The Premier League are said to be determined to see out the current season amid fears of a potentially disastrous breach of their £3billion television contract.

The English top-flight could face a race against time in order to complete the season by July 31, before the 2020/21 season’s television contract kicks in on August 1.

Contracts signed between the Premier League and UK broadcasters Sky Sports and BT Sport, as well as the many outlets from all over the world who screen the division’s matches, are one of the cornerstones of the Premier League’s success.

But with the coronavirus crisis threatening the very structure of league football all around the world, it is unclear just when the remaining 2019/20 season matches will be played.’’

I wouldn't be surprised if come April the PL decide to play on behind closed doors so as to complete the league and to not risk court proceedings

“But with the coronavirus crisis threatening the very structure of league football all around the world”

seems a bit dramatic doesn’t it?!

Be a few going to the wall because of this

But the Premier League will be fine, so no one actually gives a shit
I wonder if Premier League clubs will be okay if they don't get the final position money this season and if the premier League has to repay some of the TV money it might reduce payments to clubs for the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757