Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is likely that the rest of this season will be cancelled.

That'd be my guess too. Certainly over it restarting mid April. But seriously, who can say at this point? The situation is going to get worse (in that more people will get sick and more will die) but that's stating the obvious. How much worse and for how much longer are unknowns.

Us in the champions league and Liverpool not being crowned champions, that offsets those two, surely?
Very much so! But I wouldn’t be surprised If the ‘’big 6’’ finds a way to arrange some sort of Play-off which excludes The Invisibles

It’s a waiting game now.
Sky sports will have Jim White on the screen wearing a face mask, with his 2 cronies from the transfer team by his side, coming to all sorts of conclusions.
Whilst we all just wait and see.
You forgot about his smashing yellow tie.

Imagine Klippity. No league trophy and more games next season. His glasses will be getting launched.

Why not have Liverpool as champions? (Other than it making some people smile) Prejudices etc aside, they've done enough to merit it, no? I'm sure they'd rather go the full distance too.

Why not have Liverpool as champions? (Other than it making some people smile) Prejudices etc aside, they've done enough to merit it, no? I'm sure they'd rather go the full distance too.

Man City can still win the league.

The only way to move forward with this is coming to an agreed decision between all teams but that is almost impossible.

End the league now as it is and there would be all sorts of legal challenges - teams can still will leagues and get out of relegation places.

Indefinite postponement and it then completed when safe to do so or just null and void the whole season really seems the only outcomes.

Someone at work said the league was null and void when WWII kicked off. Haven't checked this myself but hopefully Boc can confirm.

Imagine Klippity. No league trophy and more games next season. His glasses will be getting launched.

A quote from my brother today

"Remember, in football it’s not who wins that’s important, it’s who gets humiliated. "

Someone at work said the league was null and void when WWII kicked off. Haven't checked this myself but hopefully Boc can confirm.
The season was abandoned after the third round of games, which was played the day after the invasion of Poland. Newly relegated, we were sixth in Division Two on goal average, having beaten West Ham and Manchester City, and lost to Birmingham.

The season was abandoned after the third round of games, which was played the day after the invasion of Poland. Newly relegated, we were sixth in Division Two on goal average, having beaten West Ham and Manchester City, and lost to Birmingham.

So we/anyone should invade Poland to avoid Liverpool winning the league. I'm cool with that

Interesting then as I don't think the fact that only a few games were played will make much difference.

The important thing is that the season is not guaranteed to finish as it is, anything mathematically possible, could still happen.

Delayed finish or null and void really are the only possible outcomes.

This would also need to be applied across Europe/Uefa otherwise the European competitions wouldn't work when things get up and running again.

As the virus is expected to reach its peak around May. I don’t see any football being played until then at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757