Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a dilemma:-
I don’t want Scousers to win the league, so to have this season null and void would be fine and dandy.
Or would it?
That would make our record sway win in the top league, a non event :(
So, we have to finish this season, surely?

Bit of a dilemma:-
I don’t want Scousers to win the league, so to have this season null and void would be fine and dandy.
Or would it?
That would make our record sway win in the top league, a non event :(
So, we have to finish this season, surely?
Would we qualify for the Champions League? So long as that happens, I don’t really care which option they choose.

Some men's teams, such as Jersey Bulls and Vauxhall Motors, had already secured promotion to step five of the non-league pyramid, but their promotion will now be cancelled.

Jersey Bulls had won all 27 of their matches in the Combined Counties Football League Division One and were 20 points clear at the top.

I'm missing match day so much. Whether I'm at the KP, away from home, watching on tv or god forbid listening to Stringer...I even miss his over-exaggerated, everything-is-a-goal voice.

If this virus tells me anything it's that I underestimated just how much watching LCFC means to me.

I miss it all so much. Feeling a tad emotional to be fair.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Last edited:
I'm missing match day so much. Whether I'm at the KP, away from home, watching on tv or god forbid listening to Stringer...I even miss his over-exaggerated, everything-is-a-goal voice.

If this virus tells me anything it's that I underestimated just how much watching LCFC means to me.

Nope, I haven’t missed the football one bit.

With the nice weather it just feels a bit like the summer break to me. It’ll return soon enough, with the Premier League no doubt giving itself a massive pat on the back for bringing joy and hope back to the people. If anything I hope football as a whole learns a lesson about it’s rampant greed and things like unnecessarily dragging people all over the globe for a 90 minute game. Maybe shit like this will stop; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52040579

The bubble has been growing for years and years and we’ve now seen how easily it can burst. Having come within what felt like days of losing my job and my house it made me feel physically sick seeing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain doing a little dance routine on his marble staircase.

I do kind of miss Match days though I guess.

Last edited:
That’s quite a gloomy, self-indulgent post isn’t it?

It will of course be lovely to have our super sexy foxy blue boys back and hopefully entertaining us with some of the most wonderful football we’ve seen played for our club.

It will of course be lovely to have our super sexy foxy blue boys back and hopefully entertaining us with some of the most wonderful football we’ve seen played for our club.
Yeah, cheer up teddy boy. Go to the pub or something. Or, errrr, well just cheer up anyway.

Yeah, cheer up teddy boy. Go to the pub or something. Or, errrr, well just cheer up anyway.

The car keys were on the end of the bannister this morning so I picked them up and walked into the kitchen to hang them on the hook. My partner said ‘Going somewhere?’ To which I said yeah I’m going to drive to maccies and get us breakfast.

Her face lit up and then when she realised I was joking she immediately burst into tears and couldn’t stop for about five minutes. Not a very nice joke to play on someone experiencing pretty severe isolation fatigue.

We're going though times that no-one has experience of - times that none of us could have imagined. It’s good, in a way, that EVERYONE is involved – not just a section of people.

I can’t wait for the simple things to return. Things Like Football.

I’m happier with us losing 1-0 to Norwich than going through all this.

Nope, I haven’t missed the football one bit.

With the nice weather it just feels a bit like the summer break to me. It’ll return soon enough, with the Premier League no doubt giving itself a massive pat on the back for bringing joy and hope back to the people. If anything I hope football as a whole learns a lesson about it’s rampant greed and things like unnecessarily dragging people all over the globe for a 90 minute game. Maybe shit like this will stop; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52040579

The bubble has been growing for years and years and we’ve now seen how easily it can burst. Having come within what felt like days of losing my job and my house it made me feel physically sick seeing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain doing a little dance routine on his marble staircase.

I do kind of miss Match days though I guess.

Oh yes! No footie, cinemas and theatres closed; it's a cultural desert. Still, it can't last forever and, it will be interesting to see if things ever return to the pre-apocalypse way of life...

I preferred your previous post.

What a ballbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861